1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

The Hardwire Tattoo armored limo project

Discussion in 'Other' started by Ryengoth, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

This is owned by a buddy of mine. I work on and off doing upgrades, additions and repairs. I'm almost done with it, after it sitting in my driveway almost a year. The list of "what" is huge on this and includes wheel cap activated train horn install, dash cluster rebuild, rear TV install, multi-source AV system, touch screen Android system, multi-camera system with dash monitor, front jump seat floor stud install(bolts were in there originally), LED top-bar strobe kit install, LED lighting replacements, front and rear roof hatch reseals, 30cal pintle mount, front 30cal swing arm and numerous small repairs. This thing is just insane. And it's fun to test drive around the neighborhood :)

GoArmor converted International 4700 armored transport with DT466 6-cylinder turbo diesel with an Allison AT545. All mechanical systems management apart from glow plugs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Nice choice of tunes... I'll be seeing them live in 22 days!

Franz and Ryengoth like this.
  3. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

Nice! I just missed Dream Theater here in NC. I think Killswitch and Skillet are doing a set show soon here. I either have no cash to go or my schedule is full when the metal tours come around. I really want to see Sabaton live once. So many likes, not enough time and money.

4. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

Time for some metal fab

[​IMG]

5. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Lucky. You can afford to buy new stock :p

(I'm a cheap bastard, and proud of it)

Ryengoth and Nuch like this.
  6. Nuch

Nuch Well-Known Member

I have a few "Garbage Day" bed frames thanks to various neighbors that I keep in reserve for projects that pop up. Good FREE metal stock!

Ryengoth likes this.
  7. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

That's water-jet cut panels for a drawer. It's a friend's project/toy. He pays, I play. ;) Unfortunately he keeps introducing toys for me to "play" with and HOA is ready for the thing to leave my driveway after a year. I think this will be the last big modification/fab. He just picked up a Unimog that needs clutch work but it's not going to fit in my driveway. LOL

k-moe likes this.
  8. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

To be honest, we're both cheap on projects but for the cost of materials and labor the metal was the best route to take for a 300lb capacity drawer with a 32" stick-out. Otherwise it would have been left-over plywood, PVC and metal scraps from my shop.

9. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

The most recent upgrade is done. Humvee swing arm mount, no roof penetration. I also rewired and upgraded all of those LEDs and installed a strobe kit on the face on the light shelf. I hate wiring projects..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

I heard Jordan Rudess playing piano and I play keyboards too and my cousin told me Rudess was Dream Theater's keyboard player. Then I started listening to them, great band but unfortunately I missed them playing in Glasgow.

Ryengoth likes this.
  11. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

k-moe likes this.
  12. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

The rails would not stay square and after several cut and welds on the bench I decided to call it quits. Moving on to carpet and a few other final details before it's out of the driveway and a new project comes in. 1994 Saab 9000 CDE non-turbo, $200 "it ran 4 years ago" project.