1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Seca 650 Hardbags/Luggage rack

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by MrSeca, Jul 24, 2019.

1. MrSeca

MrSeca Active Member

Hello. I'm trying to turn my Seca 650 into a sport tourer and would love to add hard bags, luggage rack, and a top end case. The pics below are basically what I'm going for. I know the hard for the first pic are by Krauser but I don't know what model number or anything. I especially like the hard bags in the second pic. In any case if someone could help me out that'd be great.

Attached Files:

joe elliff likes this.
  2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

The second photo is of a Chinese made set that is sold under a number of brand names.
    Whatever you choose the trick will be finding the mounting racks. Very few make a XJ650 specific rack anymore, and those tend to be the more upscale manufacturers.
    For my 750 I hunted for almost a year to find the factory luggage mount. I mounted an EMGO trunk to the factory rack.
    You may find it easier to buy luggage that fits your budget (many people use waterproof cases like sold by Pelican), and build a rack to suit them.

Last time I looked, Hepco & Becker still made a rack for the XJ series that can mount any of their luggage choices.

3. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

If you were closer I'd offer my Krauser bags that I got on ebay from Germany. Check them out on my Turbo in my showcase

4. MrSeca

MrSeca Active Member

Very nice. Couple of questions. Are there any product numbers I could use to look them up? How did you mount them on? Did you have to make the mount or were you able to buy a mount and just attach it?

5. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don't have product numbers. They were mounted on an 80s XJ900 and came with mounts which are adjustable.

If you really like them and wouldn't mind going for a used set, I can sell them. Shipping will be expensive, but I really don't use my turbo anymore and I have other sport tourers which are more fun (even if they have less luggage space)

6. Dave in Ireland

Dave in Ireland Well-Known Member

The second pic bags are (as k-moe says) copies of Givi E21 sidecases, just to give you an idea of origins. Genuine E21 cases are found cheaply enough in Europe, but shipping to CA will be expensive. Givi bracketry to fit just about anything is widely available, but at a price. A good alternative source of Givi copy bracketry and mounting hardware is available from S-W Motech (about half the price).