1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

CO SB19-144 - Riders can wave bye to red light that ignores us

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by ColoradoDan, Sep 5, 2019.

1. ColoradoDan

ColoradoDan Active Member

CO passed SB19-144 this year, and I just heard about it. Its intended to allow motorcycles to treat a constant red light as though it were a flashing yellow (malfunctioning traffic light).

Now when I sit for two or three minutes at a red light cause the magneto is not recognizing Veronika, I'll just throttle away and wave goodbye to the biased light with my middle finger.

Do other states/areas have this kind of law?

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Kansas passed a similar law four years ago. Several other states have done the same. Eventually all 50 will likely have it.

ColoradoDan likes this.
  3. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

Ohio got it a few years ago, but I’ve ridden through a handful of non functioning lights in my years. Never got stopped but hoped If I did the officer would be understanding, I always waited a cycle or two to make sure. Having the law might cause more issues i.e. “I thought it was malfunctioning” after 3 seconds from some impatient driver.

4. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

5. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

i've got one that's not broke but it's really long. unless i get off the bike and push the crosswalk button. sometimes i get a thank you from the cars

6. ColoradoDan

ColoradoDan Active Member

Yep, XJ550H, thats the one.

Its the left turn lane signals that are really the problem, when I'm the only vehicle in that lane.

Jayro, I have definitely applied this law plenty of times before it was a law, lol