1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

some questions about 85 maxim x

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by squidx85, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

I bought my lines from XJ 4ever ..and would do it again ...the best moto buy the best cry once...I have seen some of the universal braided brake lines ..not impressed ...just realize some lines are not DOT compliant either.

2. squidx85

squidx85 Member

Hopefully it's not some kind of sin to not buy from xj4ever, because I just ordered front hh pads, the braided front lines, (which get good reviews) and rear shoes from galfer online, $268.75 shipped. I did a little googling and a lot of people were saying to not buy ebc front pads, because the backing plates on the pads warp. Hopefully it doesn't take too much money to get this thing rolling, new tires are next, once I get it running halfway decent.

Thanks for all your guys' comments.

I suppose I should post a few pics up. I did install a windshield yesterday, the "mohawk" from national cycles, I think it does look cool.

3. Keith121

Keith121 New Member

Reviving an old thread here. How did the Galfer braided steel brake line kit work out for you? Would you recommend? I'm looking to replace the front brake lines on my 85' Maxim X as well, just trying to see what my options are.

4. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

our supporting vendor sells the SS lines logo link upper right corner of this page

5. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Get the hoses from xj4ever ..might be a little more but they fit right are fully DOT certified