1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Where does this go? XJ650 RJ / Seca

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by cdnjj, Dec 6, 2019.

1. cdnjj

cdnjj Member

After a couple year break I'm reassembling my 82 XJ 650rj (Seca) which I took apart from the engine back (the front end is still on it)

I've come across this part and cannot figure out where it goes. Anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

The only similar part I see in the Haynes manual is within the rear wheel between the bearings and it is not that as I did not pull the bearings (and visually confirmed).

It is the right diameter for the rear spindle go through it. The only place I can see it would go is within the final drive housing though the outer dimension is quite different.

Any thoughts are appreciated! Hoping to have the Seca on the road again soon.

IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

the rear wheel has 2 spacers one is between the wheel bearings in the wheel the other goes into where you marked the photo it supports the bearing race at hub and wheel

Toomanybikes likes this.