1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Got a new toy!

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Sarah, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Sarah

Sarah maxim-um fun

Hey guys!

Thanks again for everyone's help getting my XJ running again earlier this year!
    In case I forgot to update that thread, it did only need a new (to me) starter. Gonna have to get a new battery for her soon though, and chase down a small vacuum leak. Still starts and runs like a champ though! :D

In the meantime, the old man decided to sell his Kawasaki Vulcan and buy something else. Initially, we picked out a well maintained '93 Suzuki GSX1100G, in good, running condition.

Then, less than 2 weeks later, he comes home on an '08 Kawasaki Concours 1400 he just bought. I asked him, what was wrong with the Suzuki!? "Well, I liked it at first, but I really wanted a Concours"..o_O (then why did we buy a Suzuki?!)

So I guess I'm the proud new owner of an 1100 cc motorcycle! :p It's kind of strange, like a GSX-R hiding under a touring style frame. It's even shaft driven! Ridiculously fast lol, but so, so fun! And it came with a super comfortable Corbin seat, too.

Only bummer is, these were only sold in the US for 2 years. A lot of parts are overseas, where it enjoyed, I think, a 4 (or 6?) year model run.

Regardless, I've had a lot of fun riding this bike over the summer! :) I added period correct, Krauser K2 model Suzuki hard bags (2nd pic), so I have some luggage room, (had to order them from the Netherlands!:eek:) also took that tool roll off the forks, and added a set of Rok pullback risers. They're absolutely perfect, love the handlebar placement now! :cool:

Shout out to Theo Louwes Motors in the Netherlands for the bags and hardware! They specializes in vintage gear, especially racing stuff. If you don't have anything better to do, Google the shop name! Lots of cool old bikes and racing gear, part of the shop is even a museum :cool:

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!!;)

Anyway, pictures!

Naked
    20200427_161057.jpg
    Bags, luggage rack & pullback risers
    20200825_072238.jpg
    The mid-life crisis Concours lol
    20200624_185308.jpg

Fuller56, k-moe and Franz like this.
  2. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Nice! The GSX1100 is quick. My father-in-law has one and when helping him get some ignition parts, I was told that was on made a short time (I can't remember if it was 1, 2 or 3 years). It is fast! I rode it once. I'll probably inherit it since he has alzheimer's, but it would be nice for my wife and I to go places together.

3. Mobius Williams

Mobius Williams Member

Congrats! Nice looking sled. What's the knob by the seat on the Suzuki?

Sarah likes this.
  4. Sarah

Sarah maxim-um fun

Thank you!
    That's part of the petcock, instead of the small metal lever like the XJ to switch from on to reserve, it's a big plastic dial lol.

Mobius Williams likes this.
  5. Sarah

Sarah maxim-um fun

GSX1100G .jpg
    You can see the petcock lever better in this picture ;)

6. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Nice machine.

Sarah likes this.
  7. Huntchuks

Huntchuks Well-Known Member

Clean, I like it.

8. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

Nice, I like the panniers, had the same ones on my turbo! I think the one for the top box is backwards tho.

9. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Very nice set up on the Suzuki. I have always liked those and just managed to resist when they come up for sale. Don't NEED to add to the herd. Those Krausers do tuck in nicely and look perfect on it. I did a demo ride on the Kawasaki ZG1400 when they came out, a spectacular ride but too much tech with the key fob and multiple computers took the fun out of it. My ZG1000 fits me just fine. Nice pairing for you guys though, well done!
    John

10. DarinAdkins

DarinAdkins Member

You literally got exciting deals, like your Kawasaki sharp looks it has, on the other side Suzuki is super enough too but you can add up more space with perfect roll bags over its back.

11. ducker18

ducker18 New Member

Nice bike