1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale 1986 Fazer 700

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Andrew Nichols, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Andrew Nichols

Andrew Nichols Active Member

IMG_20200827_131028132.jpg IMG_20200827_131042730.jpg IMG_20200827_131100276.jpg
    Garage find. 33,000 miles, one Metzler and one Pirelli tire, both with lots of tread left. Had been sitting for a couple of years but it's up and running now. Current starter makes noises but still works. New (used) starter should be here by the end of next week. Appears to be missing reflectors and the helmet lock. Has some dings and scratches. No rust in the tank. You know you've always wanted a "baby VMAX"...
    $2,900 or best offer

2. xHondaHack

xHondaHack Active Member Premium Member

Andrew,

Looks like a fairly nice bike. Definitely harder to find these days as they only had a 2 year (in the US) run like the Maxim X.

As you pointed out, the reflectors are missing, but I believe the helmet lock was an add on accessory for those, and they are still available.

Curious to know if you checked and set the valve clearances? Also, the whole brake system looks to be original, and wonder if a prospective buyer may be concerned about those items?

Good luck with the sale.

Tony

3. Andrew Nichols

It sounds like it's hard enough just to change spark plugs in it let alone the valve clearances... The brakes work fine, I even looked up the rear tire but I could understand where others have said the front brakes could be improved. Oh yeah, it's also missing the tool tray and tool kit. If I have time I might try to bring back the gold engine highlights.

4. xHondaHack

xHondaHack Active Member Premium Member

The #3 is the toughest plug, right behind the thermostat.
    Like you pointed out, needs a few cosmetic details, but shouldn't be a deal killer.

Tony

5. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member

I likey

6. Andrew Nichols

Pulled starter, full of carbon. Opened replacement used starter, very little carbon. Put in used starter, still turns over but still makes janky noises. Took off right cover (clutch), no funny noises from there when it turns over,everything looks good so put it back together. Will order recipe kit for original starter and see if that makes a difference. Open to advice...