1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ4ever parts & service

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by wrenchmaster, Mar 27, 2008.

1. msgoodwrench

msgoodwrench New Member

Yay! Thank you once again, Len! Your knowledge, help, and supply of parts is what makes my Yammie keep on tickin! Thanks for the very very fast delivery, excellent parts, and also the helpful tidbits of advice! Always appreciate what you do for all of us!

2. Mark Wyzgala

Mark Wyzgala Member

I’ve been having very good service from XJ4EVER. They have all of the parts no one else has for my 1982 Seca 750, along with good write ups on doing the work. Parts arrive promptly and are the correct ones for my bike. Len is fast to reply with a quote or advice. I’d be sunk if I hadn’t found this supplier. Thanks Len.

3. JCH

JCH Active Member

Hello Len

Thank you for painting my ordered Rod Joint looks nice.
    Have a question ?
    Is it normal to have a good amount play in the brake pedal within the mounting bore of the frame,seems to tighten up the movement with the brake pedal spring is attached.

4. Rusty81

Rusty81 Member

My parts arrived last week. Thanks for looking after me!

5. James Eller

James Eller New Member

Parts arrived 2nd day after order...very fast delivery...thanks very much Len. Very grateful to have a dependable place to get parts for these old bikes.

6. James Eller

James Eller New Member

Thanks Len for another order filled perfectly.

7. Huntchuks

Huntchuks Well-Known Member

Thanks again Len. Parts came quickly and were immediately put to use.

8. JetmechMarty

JetmechMarty Active Member

Once again, I have to say how lucky this community is to have a parts provider at the level of XJ4ever. The quality of the reproduction parts and the level of service comes 2nd to none. Lucky is the XJ community to have this vendor as their own!

msgoodwrench likes this.
  9. msgoodwrench

msgoodwrench New Member

Okay Len, great great job once again!! Thank you so much for accurate parts list, fast service, and just all around fabulous knowledge. How wonderful to know where to go for my parts!! THANK YOU!!!

10. Franc

Franc New Member

Meant to write something the other week. Got new brake lines, and a fuse kit for my Maxim. Don't know why I bought parts from other vendors before. Everything was quality materials, neatly packaged in size appropriate bags and labeled. All parts came with a nice packet of instructions, advice, and other helpful tips. I'm only buying parts from Len for now on. Thanks again!

Franz, JetmechMarty and hogfiddles like this.
  11. jag3

jag3 Member

Received my spin-on oil filter kit today for my '83 XJ750 Maxim from Len at XJ4ever hoping to replace one night this week if not then will be replacing it this weekend. Also received new exhaust manifold gaskets, studs and nuts. A lot of work to do but in the end it'll all be worth the time. All the parts came from Len and I received excellent service, good pricing and the dialog was fantastic, he definitely knows his stuff and helps you out when you have questions and responds quickly. The shipping was very quick and economical. I'll continue to purchase my parts from him because they are new, specific to your bike and guaranteed. Trying to keep it original since I'm the only owner, it's hard but I want an easier way to change the oil so spin-on it is and the best way I can think of to keep it as original as possible is with XJ4Ever.

hogfiddles likes this.
  12. JBurch

JBurch Active Member

I want to thank Len for his efforts to get me the parts I want/need for my bikes. He does an excellent job, provides excellent service. Thank you!!

13. JBurch

JBurch Active Member

Another "Thank You" to Len, he even gets me parts that aren't listed and don't have part numbers, you can't do better than that, he is, with out a doubt the finest parts man there is.

hogfiddles likes this.
  14. Door dude

Door dude Active Member Premium Member

JBurch is spot on, I asked Len if he had a new speedo Len told me he had a used speedo in great shape, he came back with a message and told me that, that one grew legs but he new where to find one in the same shape. Got it within 2 days after he got it. Thanks Len it works great.

15. Rhyan

Rhyan New Member

Thanks for the parts Len Amazing speed great quality ,right the first time saving me time and money.Not too mention he asked me twice for part list knowing I forgot a crucial o ring .He does not upsell and is on point when it comes to service .

Thanks to everyone @XJ

16. RangerG

RangerG Member

Len was able to send me everything I needed to freshen up the top end on my 550 Seca.
    He did miss throwing in a new exhaust header bolt when he boxed everything up.
    I’ll get one next order. LOL
    If that’s the worst order mix up I ever experience I’ll be a very lucky man!

Thanks Len.

17. RangerG

RangerG Member

Len contacted me right away. The exhaust bolt was not on the invoice. I could have just forgotten to add it on my order.
    Len is first class to deal with, I wish everyone was like him!

18. Metaleech

Metaleech New Member

Another solid endorsement of XJ4Ever and Len to add to the thread - I ordered and received my spin-on oil filter conversion kit in very short order -- even across the border to Canada (during COVID), and no customs or duty fees to pay. Instructions were extensive, communication was prompt and seamless, and the entire installation exercise was stress-free. There's no question that Len and XJ4Ever are going to be my first stop for any parts or upgrades for my Seca. Thanks Len! Outstanding work.(next winter job -- replacing the header wrap that I've torn by previous years' oil filter changes . . . .)

IMG_4341.JPG IMG_4342.JPG IMG_4343.JPG IMG_4344.JPG IMG_4345.JPG IMG_4225.JPG IMG_4227.JPG

Franz likes this.
  19. Brent NZ

Brent NZ Active Member

Over the last few months I purchased a number of parts including:
    Seat cover, strap & rivet tool
    Rear shocks & springs
    Rubber brake lines (full set)
    Spark plug caps
    Rectangular mirrors
    Gas tank cap
    Everything has turned up exactly as described. I recently ordered a number of parts which are probably not available anywhere else. I don't know how I would have finished my latest project if it wasn't for XJ4Ever.

bobcat5540 and Toomanybikes like this.
  20. jmiller_2308

jmiller_2308 New Member

Almost 4 decades ago my first street bike was a 1981 XJ550 Maxim so when I found a 1982 XJ550 Maxim on craigslist I figured it would be a nice winter project and nice addition to the stable. The bike was "running when parked" but that was over a decade ago. Lots of tiny issues with the bike but I figured it was cheap and pretty clean so I went all in.

Well, the fist thing to do before working on anything else was to bring the engine back to life which after taking care of oil (yup, crankcase was full of fuel because bike was left with gas in it and petcock left on prime), cables that were binding, and make sure the transmission was in neutral. So of course the next and most important thing was to clean the carbs. Ugh... thanks to all the info on this site as well as a huge amount of help from Len at xj4ever the carbs are well cleaned with important missing and damaged parts replaced and the bike roars back to life :)

The bike also had a stuck front brake. Yup, more parts from Len but in particular, a chance to upgrade the master cylinder site glass. Again. Len's ever helpful information both on the site as well as when emailing with him and with the instructions he included in the shipment made that task yet another successful effort in bringing the bike back to life.

I'm still working my way through various things on the bike and ultimately I've found that it is always a sure bet to get parts from XJ4ever rather than trust what ebay/amazon vendors try to sluff off as "fits your XXX" parts. Plus, Len gives you LOTS of information to actually know what to do with the parts.

Yay Len/XJ4ever