1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

wiring harness symbols

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Jesse van Asseldonk, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Jesse van Asseldonk

Jesse van Asseldonk New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm currently busy with modifying my XJ750. I already did a lot of things such as changing the rear suspension to a mono shock suspension, changed the fuel tank, renewed the gaskets in the engine, removed a lot of things etc. because I changed the frame, some electric components needs to placed somewhere else, so I decided to make a new wiring harness by myself. With an electrical diagram, I already came pretty far, but there is one symbol in it, and I can't find out what it is/means.

I attached a photo below where I marked the symbol with red circles. In the beginning, I thought it maybe is a diode, but after some time I saw the symbol within the green circle. I guess that the symbol is not a big deal, but I want to make sure what it is.

I hope someone can help me out with this!

Kind regards,

Attached Files:

2. FJ111200

FJ111200 Active Member

To me it looks like where wires from components are plugged into or connected to the main wiring harness.
    Just had a look at a Triumph manual i've got handy and there are similar symbols in that.

3. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

I agree with FJ the symbols just indicated male/female connectors. As a rule male connectors are accepting 'live volts' and female (shrouded ones) are delivering volts. This helps to prevent accidental chassis short circuits.

PS Lets have some pics of your mono-shock conversion!

JCH likes this.
  4. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

Yup, the red circles are what some people call bullet connectors. The green circle is a diode, basically a “one way gate” for electricity and you’ll need to keep it if you are keeping the side stand safety system intact.

5. Jesse van Asseldonk

Jesse van Asseldonk New Member

Thanks for the response! yes I want to keep the side stand safety system so I have to place back the diode. @a100man some pictures of the conversion are attached below!

IMG_6490.JPG
    IMG_6494.JPG
    IMG_6495.JPG
    IMG_6493.JPG
    IMG_6498.JPG

6. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

Looks interesting so fat - keep us posted!