1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Politics - I apologize

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by cds1984, Oct 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that point Rooster53, “getting extra ballots” doesn’t prove voter fraud. Neither does registering your dog. Neither being registered in two different counties or states. People move, rolls aren’t perfect, but if you only vote once, no fraud. Claims of fraud need proof. Trying to vote twice should be caught. I wouldn’t recommend trying it.

As for the four seasons, yes, the trump campaign are a bunch of bumbling fools. That’s the point. Occam’s razor, simplest explanation is most likely.

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

The Sun rises in the east and sets in the west; ergo, the sun rotates around the Earth. Easy-peezy!

3. ManBot13

I ride or have ridden Suzuki’s, bmw, triumphs, Harleys, bicycles, hybrids, pickup trucks, etc. I don’t think there is a magical conspiracy that makes Yamaha the only transportation that runs well and everything else doesn’t even run and anyone who argues for them is fake news. There are good and bad, faults and utility.

I don’t doubt that your media comes from a very different source and random YouTube deep dives. We’ve all been there. But no, I don’t believe the world is one giant Da Vinci code conspiracy. It’s complicated. But denying the results is denying all of the people who legally voted for the other guy. My vote matters too, and got counted (I dropped off a mail-in in a drop box after a personal COVID scare). Yours did too (hopefully you can check). That’s what matters.

4. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Right again. Here's Joe Biden's selection for his Chief of Staff, agreeing that elections are rigged:

https://twitter.com/PurpleBaptist/status/1326708442598420481

Whoops.....

My reference to Yamaha engines was simply as analogy, I have nothing bad to say about many other makes and models.

I don't do "random YouTube" deep-dives, but I suppose Occam's Razor would lead you to believe that, too? You Tube (and twatter, facebook, insta-idiot, etc.) are, to me, all birds of the same feather, and all serve the same functional purpose: the dissemination of information, same as telephone, telegraph, television, smoke signals, liturgical hymms, magical incantations, etc. Sometimes that information is useful, or trivial; well-grounded, or fanciful; provide clarity, or acts as a veil. And I have no doubt as to the reality that people (mostly people, but who knows.....) voted for Candidate A or Candidate B or the Other Guy. Your vote matters, I certainly wouldn't claim otherwise (why would I?), and if it was a legal vote then it should count (and be counted).

It's just the ones that don't fit into that nice neat box that might be of a concern, not just to you and me, but perhaps to everyone.

5. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

Gosh politics again, started by an Aussie. Why not change the rules so that whoever gets the most votes overall is the winner, like all / most other situations where voting occurs. Four seasons landscaping is very thick icing on the cake.

6. cds1984

cds1984 Active Member

+1
    and dare I say... I'd buy that for a dollar (AUD of course)

7. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Heh, him saying it is proof that he said it. but anyway. There has been no credible proof of voter fraud on a scale that would affect this election and if there is, you can be sure it'll be in the courts because that's what people are busy doing, filling law suits about election fraud.
    A friend and former co-worker who I respect posted this today and it's entertaining and informative, enjoy.
    CONSTANTLY WRONG: The Case Against Conspiracy Theories

Friends, don't let friends go down rabbit holes.

ManBot13 and k-moe like this.
  8. cds1984

cds1984 Active Member

I wish I didn't watch the whole video but... I did.
    I get your point!
    +1

9. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

If fraud had occured then Mitch McConell would not have been allowed to win his reelection bid. At the very least the race would have been much closer.

dkavanagh and ManBot13 like this.
  10. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

NH has aressted a few double voters from past elections recently.
    I am registered in 3 states because I was never take off the rolls.

I think it is plasuable that a certain party that called for its voters to go to the polls may have been planning this all along with a few hard core members going out to do some fraudent voting to bolster the claim . just as plasuably as what is being claimed now.
    which was claimed in the last election by the winner. the long game.

fade back to 1960 when Nixon lost his presidental bid. clamed Joe stuffed the ballot boxes to get his son elected.
    but he took the high road and conceeded the race so as not to put the country he loved through the bullsh#t of contesting the election. Very nobel of him.

someome needs to take a lesson from him.

i'm done

11. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

our fore fathers covered that in the 10 amendment.

12. Rooster53

Rooster53 Well-Known Member Premium Member

And if people could only read past the headline you would see Ron Klain is replying to the advantage of incumbents.

"A new Rasmussen poll finds that 68 percent of Americans think elections are rigged in favor of incumbents. And they're basically right."

https://www.vox.com/2014/7/14/5898365/68-of-americans-think-elections-are-rigged

Actually a pretty good article that also addresses the incumbents advantage because of gerrymandering, something we should make illegal here as they did in Canada.

Well, don't think that I, k-moe, or others don't suspect that fraud occurs during the elections, however at least up to this point we have been pretty much reassured that the level of fraud in national elections is no where near the level to affect the outcome. The closest exception to date was exposed in North Carolina, which is the system at work.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-nc-election-fraud-charge-20190227-story.html

We have come a long way. Take Georgia for example, it wouldn't be that long ago that there was electronic voting with no paper trail. Georgia is going to do a hand recount, and history suggests it will only change the outcome by a few hundred votes at best. We will just need a little patience to let the process work out, however with the latest results in Arizona and Nevada that alone is enough for a Biden victory. Trump should go ahead and concede as it is what is best for the country, and as Biden actually said his legacy will be affected by this decision.

jjcurtiscb, ManBot13 and k-moe like this.
  13. Huntchuks

Huntchuks Well-Known Member

Voter fraud happens in every election. We are told beforehand every time that it doesn't but then we find it afterwards. Unfortunately people are tuned out by then and the amount may only be enough to sway some small local elections (like 242-246 for example). Even in the past there have been votes by dead people and from out of state people who are still on the roles. The difference this election is the widespread mail in voting which absolutely lends itself to fraud. Even in my home state of NY we are not required to show ID at the pols. Imagine my surprise this time when my signature was recorded on a tablet. It was so bad an big X would have been more legible. Even if it had been compared to my existing signature in the book, it would now have matched. How on earth could I vote like that when I could be anybody. The system has been broken and is now even more broken. Given that there has been fraud every election prior to this one, when it was vastly harder to fraudulently vote, I would have to say that it is probably exponentially worse this election, especially given the stake. It is now to be seen how bad or good it is by the evidence found by investigations.

XJ Nine Hundred and chacal like this.
  14. ManBot13

So not a single instance of actual voter fraud but you’re convinced it’s widespread and exponential? Exponential is the spread of COVID, voter fraud is minor to the point of being inconsequential on a state or National scale (the kind Trump/Giuliani is claiming). Usually it’s people dumb enough to think they can get away with it, but they get caught. And surprise, they vote Republican too.

Dead people on rolls don’t vote. Usually suspicions of dead voters are either 1, people with the same or similar names, 2 someone who died after voting (and whether a mail in ballot counts of a voter does after mailing but before the election depends on the state)

15. DarthBob

DarthBob Member

There was almost 70% turnout for the presidential election, only made possible by loads of early in-person voting, and loads of mail in or absentee ballots. If there was no pandemic and only the regular old voting methods, why, there would probably still be people waiting in line... or they probably just might not have voted. Its almost like the system is rigged...... to discourage people from voting. So lets just disenfranchise all that turnout, make sure they don't bother voting again because of all that fraud! because of all that fraud, their votes don't even matter. Normally, after an election there is a winner who takes office, and a loser who leaves office, but not this time, because of all that fraud. We will never know what the will of the voters is, because of the fraud.

If only we had some sort of actual evidence of all that fraud.

ManBot13 likes this.
  16. Huntchuks

Well, I was careful to note I don't believe anything of the sort, but probably would be worse. I do note that there has always been fraud and the potential for rampant voter fraud is now high, considering the methods of voting this time. Investigations need to be done to find if there is any or none. Recounts need to be done to make sure the glitching machines were not a problem. Checks to see if illegal ballets were counted with no signatures, same signatures, late arrivals, late postmarks, no postmarks, etc. Such is the problems with mail in voting. Remember, most elections also have investigations and sometimes recounts. It is not unique to this election.

XJ Nine Hundred and chacal like this.
  17. ManBot13

But there isn’t a losing candidate screaming VOTER FRAUD! after all of those other elections that show minimal fraud.

Sure investigate if you like, make voting more secure, as long as it’s not just to disenfranchise voters. But you only have your feelings to go on right now that there is rampant voter fraud, and that’s not enough to keep the loser from conceding. My feeling is that more people voted, they voted against Trump, and he lost. Simple as that

18. Huntchuks

How about the recounts that Hillery had in a couple of states? How about Al Gore and Florida? Not necessarily fraud but problems. The fraud happens all the time but not enough to sway a presidential election. The issue this time is mass mail in ballots, postmark deadlines, arrival deadlines, etc. All can contribute to large amounts of wrong counts. Nobody complained before because the situation was vastly different. My feelings have nothing to do with the logic of the situation.

19. ManBot13

2000 the recount was crucial to the election and was decided by 500 votes. That is the purpose of the recount.

For 2016, what date did Hillary concede? What date did the incumbent invite the elected president to the White House?

20. cds1984

cds1984 Active Member

One plus at this point, is the toad isn't taking up all the headlines with rantings.
    So...
    It's a good day to be alive.

Too bad for the nearly quarter of a million Americans who have died...
    Because you know, death sucks for anyone who has lost their 'sweetest friend'

now I'm seriously depressed.
    Where's my whisky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.