1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Starter motor staying on

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Mark R, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Mark R

Mark R New Member

Guys my Seca 750 starter motor stays on after the engine starts running and I have to disconnect the battery to stop it any suggestions?

2. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Good chance your start solenoid is defective, they are cheap last time I bought two think I paid 20$ cannot recall . Inversely if you push start button and it only clicks it is usually the solenoid it is located on battery box holder . You also should check all your ground points, I doubt the start switch is at fault , but you can take the housing off and make sure there is no corrosion at switch , spray down with contact cleaner . Cheers

k-moe likes this.
  3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

solinoid (starter relay to soome) contacts in side could be sticking or your starter button is sticking.

if the starter stops when you disconnect the battery and stays off when you reconnect the battery, jump across the 2 large nuts on the solinoid where the battery and starter cable connect this will turn over the bike and start it with out using starter button or the action of the solinoid see if your starter stops spinning when running when you do this.

k-moe likes this.