1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

This site has always been slow for me

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Blackbird, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Member

Hope someone can shed some light on this issue for me. Have belonged to this forum for a year and a half now and it has always been painfully slow to the point I find it too much of a pita to use. I have tried several different browsers but get same results. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Minimutly

Minimutly Well-Known Member

Sometimes lately my ipad sort of semi freezes on this site alone, no idea why, except its old, has an old os that apple (the conmen) failed to make an update for...

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Blackbird, you will have to give us a little more info on that slow factor. What speed are you running with your Internet Service Provider (ISP)? What is your ISP to computer, laptop, Ipad or cellphone situation. Are you running a firewall blocker or some sort of add blocking program? When is the last time you used something like "Ccleaner" on your computer.

That is just of few of the questions we will need to help trouble shoot your speed issues.

Thanks.

k-moe likes this.
  4. McTavish

McTavish Active Member

pages load extremely slow for me also. [ like dial up] every other site I use loads normal .
    my broadband is up to spec.

5. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Do a ping test to see if you are getting the speed you are paying for.

k-moe likes this.
  6. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Most often a problem with slow loading is not realted to the site. There have been a great number of changes with how the internet is used over the past ten months, resulting in occasional bottlenecks and rerouting that slows connection speeds. Combine that with an increase in DDOS attacks and malware and there you go...dialup speeds.

7. McTavish

McTavish Active Member

first off, this is not a complaint . respectfully , I beg to differ.
    of the all the sites I've visited in the last ten months, only this one is slow loading - the issue is not my connection speed.
    I enjoy this forum and community, so I put up with it.
    I use a 5 month old desktop ,hardline ether connection.
    again, I'm not complaining, just stating facts.

8. k-moe

I understand, however I have had no issues loading this site, but have with a few others (all of my money-earning work has been done online since March 2020, so I have to access multiple sites at a time from my laptop for ~9 hours a day, and interrupted connections are frustrating). That rules out (in my mind anyway) the issue being with the site server itself. It's somewhere inbetween the site and your computer (not necessarily your computer itself either).

It may be worth the effort to try another browser. The forum software is free, and not updated as often as paid software would be, so it could be a compatability issue. I do recall having trouble loading the site with Safari for a while prior to the most recent Safari update, and other members have had the occasional issue with other browsers over the years.

@SnoSheriff

Would you mind looking in to things on your end just to be sure all bases are covered?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  9. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

run (tracert) from a command prompt and see where the hold up is

McTavish and k-moe like this.
  10. k-moe

The older iPads have a different chipset and are no longer supported on the software end. If only Jobs were still running things...

11. McTavish

McTavish Active Member

12. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe it's because of the ads they have software that eliminates those. I would suggest becoming a premium member but if that doesn't solve your issue that's a fair chunk of change to spend. I use a laptop to connect and some sort of cheap ass tablet in the cost me about 50 bucks that works with fairly well. Never tried it on a phone.

13. k-moe

Membership level does not affect connection speed or load times. I have the same connection speeds when I'm logged out and just viewing as a guest. Ad blockers don't change things for me either. Not even on different devices, or when connecting from somewhere other than home (unless my adblocker is not up to date, then there can be problems).

14. k-moe

The timeout at the 8th hop is where the problem lies. There is software that will tell you what the address is, but all of them (so far as I know) require payment.
    Setting up a VPN is fairly cheap, and usually eliminates those routing issues. Otherwise contact your ISP to see if they have complaints about that node and are willing to route around it.

My trace for comparison.
    [Edited to include the full trace: the prior screenshot was from a smaller window]
    [​IMG]

15. McTavish

McTavish Active Member

k-moe, as you suggested , I tried my vpn [france] - the site loads flawlessly.

Franz, Timbox and k-moe like this.
  16. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

That was so cool reading you guys working through that computer, ISP and internet tracking. Put a smile on my face, cool stuff guys. +1K for VPN!!!

k-moe likes this.
  17. Blackbird

Blackbird Member

Appreciate all the info. Much more knowledgeable about bikes than VPNs but will do more research. I have good connections speeds (90/101) and like McTavish, only have issues with this site. No firewall blocker or ad blocker that I am aware of. My ISP is Ziply Fiber. I've not tried to access site from any other devices than my PC. I'll try that and see what happens.
    Thanks

Timbox and k-moe like this.