1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted XJ 900 58L "Silky White" Front Spoiler Decals / Stickers

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Silky White, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Silky White

Silky White New Member

Hello everybody,
    I am desperately searching for the original Sticker / Decals for the front spoiler of my XJ900 58L in "Silky White" from 1989. It’s four stickers in total: 2 x YAMAHA letters on both sides in dark blue and 2x a small sticker with four stripes in silver metallic, light blue metallic, gold metallic and dark blue. Does anyone know where I can get them or even sells them?

I am searching for a long time now and would be deeply grateful for any advice!

Many thanks in advance!

P.S.: The letters you see on the attached pictures are in the wrong color (gold was not original) and after the paint job is done on it I want it in original condition.

Attached Files:

2. Silky White

Silky White New Member

BTW. this is a picture of my bike – so you know why I really want it to look original and perfect. :)

Attached Files:

chacal, Fuller56 and Franz like this.
  3. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Do you have a place nearby that does vinyl wraps for commercial vehicles, advertising? It might, likely will be cheaper and easier to have what you want made than to find actual original decals. Spectacular looking bike by the way, that is really sweet. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    John

4. Silky White

Silky White New Member

Thanks for the reply! I already went to a vinyl shop but they are not able to match the colors of the original stickers, so thats not a viable option.

5. Brent NZ

Brent NZ Active Member

You want lettering as per the cowling on the attached photo? I would try another signwriter as there is a huge range of vinyl colours available and most signwriters won't stock a complete range. Your next option is to check out paintable vinyl, car painters may (or may not) be able to paint the cut letters and apply. The stripes can be painted by any competent car or motorcycle painter but wont be cheap. Be wary of EBay traders who sell aftermarket decals. These are often printed vinyl and won't have the quality of the originals.

Attached Files:

6. Silky White

Silky White New Member

The plroblem is not the Yamaha lettering. These could be made by the vinyl shop. The major issue is with the two little stickers that contain four different colors and three of them are metallic. These can’t be remade in the correct colors.

7. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Ah... that explains a lot. On this side of the pond we are not familiar with that particular model in that form. Yamaha had to go and get fancy and make it hard. Maybe somebody with some NOS bits will chime in. Len, are you listening?
    John