1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Mark one up for Walmart

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by tabaka45, Mar 31, 2021.

1. tabaka45

tabaka45 Well-Known Member

Several weeks ago I stopped at the Walmart gas station for a fill up. While pumping my regular 87 octane ethanol gas I noticed that the 90 octane ethanol free gas was actually about $0.10 cheaper. Figured that it was a mistake and would be corrected. Today I stopped again and sure enough the ethanol free was still cheaper by about $0.10. So I filled up with the good stuff. Don't think it will make any difference in my Honda Rebel, but at least saved a little money and got real gas.

2. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

Fortunately regular octane non ethanol gas is still available around here. I really haven't noticed any performance difference between permium ethanol free and regular ethanol free.

I do notice a bit lower mileage when using 10% ethanol blend in my CRV and Odyssey, so it offsets a bit of the dollar savings since ethanol gas is less expensive.

3. tj.

tj. Active Member

Lots of factors involved but from what I've read, ethanol has at least 2x the shelf life as compared to non-ethanol...especially good for when you store your toys.

4. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

tj, by chance can you give a source? I have heard and seen that the ethanol will start to separate from the gas in as little as three months of sitting. Most people I know that have to run a ethanol biased gas will use "stable" in their gas to help keep the carbs healthy.

We have lots of ATV/UTV traffic in my area in the USA. We do have premium gas with no ethanol but it will cost you almost a $1 more at the pump. Sells like hot cakes in the summer months with the trails open and not that legislation allows ATV/UTV travel on many of the rds.

5. Huntchuks

Huntchuks Well-Known Member

Never heard or read that before. Just the opposite.

6. tj.

tj. Active Member

Absolutely right gents!...written under the influence lol

Could not edit original post...should read
    non-ethanol has at least 2x the shelf life as compared to ethanol

cgutz likes this.