1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Fuel issues

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Jeremy1232, May 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Jetfixer is a good tech (there is a hint at how good in his username). It's common here for members to offer in-person help when possible.

When you say that you cleaned the carbs; what exactly did you do, and how did you do it?

3. Jeremy1232

Jeremy1232 New Member

This is my first motorcycle so I'm not 100% on knowing what im doing. I took bowels off , main jets, idle jets, baffles, cleaned everything with carb cleaner and brushes, cleaned floats and float pin , I blew compressed air through main gas line to make sure all passages were clear . Reassembled... The plugs are getting fuel and I have spark. Sometimes its a loud boom other times its real muffled . I've tried starting fluid in all carbs but it backfires through carb and catches fire. I have brand new plugs. Checked all for spark made sure wires were in correct order.

4. Natedogg1123

Natedogg1123 Member

Jeremy1232 Have you done a bench sync? and a carb sync? I'd refer to the " Church of Clean" Post if I were you. Good place to start anyway.

5. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

What is the order you have the wires in? Yes I know you said you have them in the correct order, but what if you actually have them mixed up and don’t know it.....

6. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Sounds like a rebuild is in order. If you haven’t torn the carbs down this far, your haven rebuilt them.

B6265DA1-C35D-42AA-AD96-447CE3A8FF7A.jpeg

Jetfixer likes this.