1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Vacuum hose diagram

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Richard Leonard, May 15, 2021.

1. Richard Leonard

Richard Leonard New Member

ok not 100% sure on how the vacuum lines run on my 82 xj1100 petcocks when I got it had one line capped off and the other was running to the carbs and then I noticed that 2and3 carbs had a hose off the back of them both and the boost module was not hooked up nor was the vacuum hooked to it and where normally the vacuum line goes into the casing it was plugged and not in use so I can tell that it vhad some modifications done probably to cancel out the yics stuff can anyone help me out im suppose to have it going by 1pm tomorrow for my daughter's graduation hopefully I can get some help soon

2. Toyobaru866

Toyobaru866 Active Member

3. Toyobaru866

And maybe this Screenshot_20210516-085755~2.jpg

4. Toyobaru866

5. Toyobaru866

It seems to me that yics has nothing to do with it. Looks like a dual vacuum operated petcock setup with the advantage that when one petcock doesn't work fuel is still flowing to both of the carbs. I can imagine that when you have problems with the octopus modification of the lines is quite easy.

6. Richard Leonard

Richard Leonard New Member

Getting a little closer i have fuel through the lines with a little modification on to figure out how to test cdi and rectifier and buy new coils and adjust the clutch and figure out what is most driving me crazy is the wiring cause I have no spark and I just don't want to sit home and hear all the motorcycle rolling down the road and im in my garage looking at my custom failure so far anyway

7. Toyobaru866

Electronics isn't really my thing. But I'm sure others here will help you out when you describe your problems.

8. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

varify that your battery is fully charged and the voltage does not drop below 10 volts when motor is cranking.
    first step to no spark is to eliminate the glass fuse .use a blade style box or blade style inline fuse holder.
    second step is to ohm out the ignition system components

The Ultimate Relay, Switch, Sensor, and Diodes Guide
    from above link read the thread it covers charging system and ignition plus all the little safety switches you have

XJ1100 models:
    Pick-up coils:
    120 ohms +/- 20% = 96 ohms to 144 ohms acceptable range
    done from tci connector
    Ignition Coils:
    Primary side (input from main wiring harness):
    2.5 ohms +/- 10% = 2.25 ohms - 2.75 ohms acceptable range
    done from tci connector if fail from connector at ignition coils
    Secondary side (spark plug wires, without their end caps):
    11K ohms +/- 20% = 8,800 ohms - 13,200 ohms acceptable range
    Done from plug wire end 1 to plug wire end 4. you may have to trim a small amount of the wire off due to corrosion

Spark plug caps:
    5K +/- 20% = 4,000 to 6,000 ohms per cap acceptable range
    unscrew caps from wires also check where spark plug inserts make sure the screw inside is tight
    You can start by measuring with caps on, looking for 21k ohms I like to go down to the component level because of the possible need to trim wire

Spark plugs:
    0 ohms per plug

clean all connectors you take apart use electronic spray cleaner
    red text is my edits

Richard Leonard likes this.