1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Taiyo Giken petcock rebuild kit

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Barry Askew, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Barry Askew

Barry Askew New Member

Hi, Can anyone give me some info. I have a Taiyo giken fuel tap that I am looking for a rebuild kit for. I saw a post on this site where a person was rebuilding two taps and the bigger one looks very similar to mine. The tap is a vacuum type and I believe the replacement kit number is HCP 5870. The two bolt holes are 45mm apart and the diaphragm is 35mm square. I believe the tap is off a 1980s model XJ750 Yamaha. The fuel tap is fitted to a Rickman tank on the bike I am restoring.
    Can you tell me where I might get one of these kits
    Thanks,
    Barry

2. JPaganel

JPaganel Well-Known Member

3. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

The vac diaphram in the HCP5870 kit is about 36.5mm square, the holes in the diaphram are 40mm center-to-center on the diagonal, and the diaphram is 47.8mm diagonal edge-to--edge. It fits petcocks that have a bolt hole mounting (to the tank) center-to-center of 46mm. These style petcocks came on XJ700, 1986-86 XJ750-X, 1984 XJ750RL, and XJ900 models (and probably many others). The earlier XJ750 models (1981-83) used a smaller petcock, with 34mm c-t-c mtg.holes.

4. Barry Askew

Barry Askew New Member

Thanks for your help, I ordered a tap that looks like it will fit.