1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Looking for some help in greater Chicago area

Discussion in 'Central US and Canada' started by tumbleweed_biff, Aug 10, 2021.

1. tumbleweed_biff

tumbleweed_biff Active Member

I haven't been around in a while. I became quite ill and can't ride anymore. My brother has inherited my bikes which are in various states of disassembly courtesy of his unhelpful (adult) children. He lives in Palatine/Inverness. Mostly what he needs is someone who can do things like point and say "turn that", "plug that in there," etc., while sipping on a beer (or other cold beverage).

Is there someone willing to assist?

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

I hope that you find someone that has the time and is will to do that. If you can't just get a good manual and have your brother start to read and enjoy putting the bike back together. Let him make an account for this site and start to read and learn now to work on the bike.

It is always nice to have a mentor right with you when you first start to work on mechanical things, I get that. Some people can wrench and some can't. I hope that you are able to find a mentor for him and that the bike gets back on the road.

Huntchuks likes this.
  3. Andius

Andius Member

@tumbleweed_biff Hey, sorry to hear about your situation..
    I'm in Chicago. With.. a not running XJ650.. But close (carburetors), and know how to find the info and do the work. Happy to help. Plenty of valve shims to share.................. Feel free to message me.

Rooster53 likes this.
  4. Andius

Andius Member

Ooh, I'd also agree with @Timbox ; your bro should definitely create an account.

5. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

@Andius, my brother is a great mentor, just not with motorcycles. He is the president of a youth group in his city. He is not mechanical inclined at all. Good guy though.