1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Is it good idea to drain the carb bowls dry if im to store the bike for a long time like maybe 2year

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by amiel1157, Oct 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. amiel1157

amiel1157 Member

Is it good idea to drain the carb bowls dry if im to store the bike for a long time like maybe 2year? Dry bowls with full tank of unleaded in the gas tank? Or dry gas tank too? I dont like to leave the bowls filled with gasoline for a long time (varnishing).. or what if i filled the tank with 2T oil? What you think? I dont want to leave tank empty (rust)

2. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

If it was me drain the carbs , remove fuel line from petcock, pour marvell mystery oil or ATF down fuel line . Drain the fuel tank completely, again put a 2 quarts of ATF or two cycle oil slosh it around tank. This should keep tank from rusting. When you wake it up drain float bowls , and drain the tank and fill with fresh fuel. It is also a good idea to pour a little in the cylinders to keep the rings lubed . Either disconnect or remove the battery as well , air up the tires , ensure the master cylinder is full with fresh fluid . If possible periotly cycle your brake lever and the clutch to keep them from seizing up . Make sure engine is serviced with fresh oil and at proper level . Plug up the mufflers with cork or plastic cap . Good luck .

Franz and amiel1157 like this.
  3. Xjriderstevo

Xjriderstevo New Member

I need carburetors lol and don’t know where to get some!! ‍♂️

4. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

I do have a good set for your maxim 750.
    pm me