1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1984 Sabre V65 stripped and parts in boxs

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Timbox, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Cory Ciarrocchi

Cory Ciarrocchi New Member

Hello Timbox!! I see your digging the V65 Sabre, I love mine also! She just rolled over 40k miles so we plan to do a valve adjustment this winter and jet her for the new 4-1! I need a better shock also! Please update which shock you go with as I'll be watching on both forums for updates! Thanks and be safe out there!

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Here is the link that I will be using to do the work. There is a great vid link in the forum as well. I just got my 2" Stock in and plan on getting this done this week. Deer hunting is getting in the way at times.
    https://v4musclebike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32828

The Vid:

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Finally got the stove chimney up so back to work on this. Got the 2"x2" cut and the hole drilled for it to go over the shock. Taking the time to make sure it was right before I started to drill. Now to decide if I want to do it like the vid above and have a square spacer on the end of just cut it to correct length and weld it? In the vid he has a center to cent on the OEM shock of 17.5" and mine is only 15.5" No way I could make mine that lone as I could not get the OEM one out without taking material off the top of the OEM shock.

4. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member