1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Yamaha xj750 misfiring

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Mace gaines, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Mace gaines

Mace gaines New Member

My bike can idle now but every now and then itl misfire and chuck a little fire out the 2nd to 4th exhaust pipes. All the fuses in my box are 10s and i know that could be the issue, if anyone could tell me what number fuses i need that would be terrific. I will probably clean up the spark plugs and possibly look into some coils, but im trying the easy stuff first as i already need 70 dollars worth of parts to buy before my bike is even street legal. Fuses are not a big issue for me to get so i would like the order for those, my fuse box is ordered like the original box but instead of glass core fuses i have bladed fuses. Nothing is touching my terminals but my bottom fuse keeps blowing which is not surprising seeing that i need differently rated fuses. Thanks as always.

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

I think the main fuse is 20 and the rest are 10? Some one can correct me if I am wrong on that.

As for the misfire, sounds like the carbs are self cleaning so to speak. The more you run her the better it will run and those misfires will become less and less.

3. Mace gaines

Mace gaines New Member

thanks man youre a legend.