1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

More power out of "X"

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by RogerRZ, Mar 7, 2016.

1. RogerRZ

RogerRZ Member

I remember my buddies on 750x's blowing by me like I was stopped on my Maxim 1100 (granted it was the slowest of the 1100s). I had more torque--no downshifting required, but they had that heady top end, making power deep into the red zone.

The 7--x is a fast ride, even by today's standards, even more so when compared to the average "cruiser" styled bike.

2. xHondaHack

xHondaHack Active Member Premium Member

Hogfiddles said:
    Yes, that's correct, with the only exception is that the factory carb jetting was slightly different.

Either one is plenty fast for a "Cruiser" style bike and will surprise anyone that's not familiar with what it is.

Tony

rocs82650 likes this.
  3. Jerrod Robinson1086

Jerrod Robinson1086 Member

Yes you Can, I have an 82 750 Maxim that Consistently Runs 0-60 in sub 4 second's, and gives my Buddy's 13 GSX-R 600 a real run for it's Money. My exact set up: Unmodified Mac 4 into 1 Exhaust with Pod's.. But I removed the Boot's from my Pod's and installed them onto the Boot's from the Factory Airbox, they fit perfectly. Then I jetted the Carbs out to #130, and spent a significant amount of time getting the Pilot Screw's Perfect. Then I had to install Heavier Clutch Spring's and new Disc's because it slipped like Hell when I replaced Disc's only.

4. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Yes you can what? Nobody said you can’t..... but can’t what?

ok, so you have an ‘82 xj750 maxim.....
    This forum was about the Maxim X.

I guess I’m a little fuzzy on what you’re trying to say.
    dfox

5. Jerrod Robinson1086

The Guy asked if he can increase Power on an XJ, I said He Can. I guess i didn't Realize he was talking about the 5 Valve, but if I can find extra Power in a YICS 750 one would assume there would be a little more in a 5 Valve 700.

6. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Also, the OP hasn’t been around for 6yrs......

Timbox likes this.
  7. Jerrod Robinson1086

My Response wasn't exclusively for Him, this is the Top Thread Google Directs you to if your Searching related Topic's. I was sent here myself a little over a Year ago. Had some Decent Result's with My Bike so I figured I'd share.