1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Seca luggage rack/luggage options??

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by The Bee Charmer, Jun 1, 2022.

1. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Dan, I can help you figure things out...... like showing you pics from the instruction manual, etc—— lol

k-moe likes this.
  2. The Bee Charmer

The Bee Charmer New Member

I would also love instruction manual support please lol

3. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

As far as I know, there were two factory fairings available for the 750 Seca. A frame mounted version and a handlebar mounted version. For more research, start here:
    https://www.xjbikes.com/forums/threads/xj-parts-catalog-section-n-body-and-frame.44632/

I'm not sure about the handlebar mounted version, but the frame mount bracket looks like this. In this picture the bracket is mounted to the fairing, and I've circled the six bolts that mount the fairing to the bracket.
    upload_2022-6-8_14-3-28.png

The bracket mounts on the side of the frame about where you would expect it to. You may have to relocate your turn signals.

Optionally, there were lower pieces that would sort of cover your legs. Some had them, some didn't. If you had the lowers, you would also have brackets that connect to one of the engine mounts.

These four little holes on the bottom show where the lowers would connect:
    upload_2022-6-8_14-6-20.png

4. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

If you have one of those manuals, that would be awesome @hogfiddles !!

That would help a lot.

5. hogfiddles

Yes, there are two different fairings for the 750 are… One of them is the full touring fairing which has the lowers and the pockets on it. The other one is the lightweight one which is also known as the sport fairing. The sport fairing also has a lighter weight tubular bracket. The instructions that I have are for The full touring fairing and lowers. I will try to get some pictures to you this weekend.

Dan Gardner likes this.
  6. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    The lowers, even being plastic, do add significant stability to the touring fairing. I also used a piece of aluminum inside the fairing to spread the mounting load on the almost 40 year old plastic, just in case you know.

chacal likes this.
  7. The Bee Charmer

Those pics are SUPER helpful, thank you! I only have the sport fairing on the way and a windshield which is why I even bothered with a fairing in the first place (couldn't find aftermarket windshields that seemed like they'd fit). I don't really need the lowers and they're not my style, but since I don't I'll definitely see what I can do about giving the upper some extra support.

Gonna go on a bracket hunt now...

8. hogfiddles

The sport fairing is lightweight, and the mounting bracket is lightweight. The touring fairing is bigger and heavier.....and the mounting bracket is bigger and heavier, too. The lowers connect to the fairing and also bolt to the engine/frame bolts. It’s is a very well thought-out design.

9. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

The sport fairing (also known as a "bikini" fairing) never used (and won't accept) the lower "leg guards".........those only work with the large (huge) touring-package fairing. We have the correct-fitting windscreens for both style fairings, and we have the main mounting bracket for the bikini fairing available, too (probably have one for a touring fairing, also).

The lower "leg guards" will crack if you just look at them wrong, a very poor design by Yamaha (or whoever made them for Yamaha), as well as being too brittle in all the wrong places. The aluminum brace inside the fairing AND inside the top of the lower leg is an excellent idea. But still.......don't give them any sideways glances........

10. The Bee Charmer

@chacal YAY for the bikini bracket and windshield...where can I find pricing/how do I order?

11. [Deleted]

[Deleted] New Member

@chacal any chance you have a mounting bracket for this?

Attached Files:

12. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Deleted, that is the big X-1 fairing (I believe) and we do not have a mounting bracket for it, hogfiddles (or eBay) would be your most likely options for that item.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  13. hogfiddles