1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1985 HD Roadster

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Timbox, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Looking for more projects now that all my bikes are fixed up. Some stayed in the stable others moved on to new homes.

I have come to you good people for some help. I have a BIG project that is more or less a rolling motor in frame all parts are there in boxes 85 HD Roadster in my area.

It is only $1k and about an hr drove from me. Am I nuts to even think about picking this bike up? Help me out if you have any input on this bike.

Thanks

2. faffi

faffi Active Member

85 should mean an Evo engine, which are reliable and dependable in their design, whether 883 cc or 1340cc. I would go for it.

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Thanks @faffi, I think it is the Evo and the bigger engine. I like the fact the roadster had the double front disk brakes. I hope to pick it up this week.

faffi likes this.
  4. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Now it looks like I might miss out, there is one person in front of me. Not too sure if they want a bit project or now, so money in hand ready to roll.

5. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

This is still on hold....I think it has come and gone. I have found a nice Softail that I will be picking up today. Good price and even though they leak oil I think it will be better then my very interesting 1996 Intruder 1400.

6. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Yes got the bike and very happy with it. Going to sell the intruder....no more two carbs on a Vtwin...ya.

faffi likes this.
  7. faffi

faffi Active Member

Congrats :cool: