1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

If I won the lottery...

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Dan Gardner, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

...I wouldn't tell anybody. But there would be signs:
    [​IMG]

2. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Yes, that is exactly correct! And a nice long road trip staying in NICE places without too much tent camping.

Jetfixer likes this.
  3. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

I would have many bikes my list Yamaha XJ900 , Virago 750 ( used to have one) Kawasaki 550,750,1100 Spectre , Honda Nighthawk S 700 , as far as newer bikes Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 , Honda Rebel 1100 , Indian scout , Harley Davidson's nightrain , Royal Enfield twin , BSA gold star , Triumph Bonneville. Many others but it is only a dream ...so let out a sigh and look at my Seca 750 packed away for the winter and feel like I won the lottery because I have a bike I still love to ride.

4. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

All the extra people you would have to have on the payroll. Get a financial lawyer, Public relations lawyer or department for all the people who will be knocking on your door and blowing up your phone. How many bank accounts does one need to be insured by the banks on that kinda of money?

Your own CPA just for your account, then once that is all settled down and taken care of, who will manage all that money? Not saying I would not take it but man there would be a lot of work and self control needed for the change of lifestyle.

Had a Army friend of mine when I was station in Germany a lifetime ago. He came back from the states from leave and was being discharged as his wife had won a big lotto. Honorable discharge something to do with the money and he may no longer have the goals or incentive to earn rank or achieve do to the money.

It is still wonderful to dream about it if it were to happen. My huge town of 360 people would wig out....lol

Jetfixer likes this.
  5. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

In reality winning would actually be a curse , old addage money won't buy happiness, but sure would be fun for awhile anyway. :D you would have all the friends you never wanted !!!! Family members hitting you up for money , every religious demanding you give money to them . Buying cars and bikes would be fun , I read about a guy in Michigan who won the lottery within like three years lost it all , filed bankruptcy only thing he could keep was a Ferrari...he was delivering pizzas , a short while later he won the lottery a second time :eek: .