1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Bikes Offered in Western MA.

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by GeekBikerGirl, Apr 27, 2023.

1. GeekBikerGirl

GeekBikerGirl Member

Hey All!!

My baby, my first bike, an 82 XJ750J started leaking oil a year or so ago. I put the new updated oil filter system on it thinking that was what was leaking but it didn't stop it. I am not entirely sure what is leaking. Being a non-traditional aged, full time student at a major private college, I don't have time to work on her. As much as I've loved this girl, I've moved on to a bike that I'm not worried about getting stuck miles from home on. I have an extra tank the hubs bought me for while we redid mine(which never happened). I'm sure I have some other parts too. She's never let me down. If I went out there and put a new battery in her right now, she'd start right up. Even after sitting for almost two years, when I pulled her out of storage I told my hubs, "You watch, she'll start right up." He laughed at me. And guess what, with a little starter fluid, she BOOM started right up. I would prefer to give her to someone who is going to fix her up or use her to fix up their own bike. I don't need or want cash for her if you are going to do one of the two. She's in good condition for the most part. I just don't have time to work on her. I've been dragging my feet posting this because I'm going to miss her but we're running out of room in our driveway.

I ALSO have the carcass and a lot of parts to an 1985 XJ that can go with this one. It was my husbands and it's been sitting out in the yard for years but we did run some gas into it a few years back and it started up. So, the engine COULD be used. He's been sick for years and is now on disability and I can't do all that work without him either.

We ALSO have an 85 Honda Shadow we're looking to pass on to someone that needs a new tank and consequently, some carb work(they really need to be rebuilt) if anyone wants it. I REALLY need to clear out all of these vehicles out of our driveway.

You WILL need to bring a trailer to take her home(and the others if you want them). Her battery is most likely no good, and I wouldn't ride her any long distance due to the oil leaking. Which, by the way, only seems to happen when she's warm. She doesn't leak oil just sitting there. It only happens once she heats up.

I'm uploading a pic of my girl. The pic in my profile pic is the 85 when she was still whole but we have most of her pieces still if you'd like them. I just want to get this stuff out of the driveway. My yard looks like a car, motorcycle, and tractor graveyard. It's awful.

Attached Files:

2. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Good Morning! Not sure why we are up and awake at this time of day... If you are willing to wait a couple more weeks I can come over from Harpursville, NY and help you clean up your driveway of motorcycles. I have rehabbed a couple of Yamaha XJ's and got them back in circulation. I am sure Dave Fox will chime in here as well.
    Sorry to hear of your husband's trials, sounds like a good guy if he is keeping you on 2 wheels and supporting your continuing education. I too went back to school as an adult learner, something over 30 years ago now! It was successful and so very worth it. Good Luck!
    Thanks,
    John

3. GeekBikerGirl

GeekBikerGirl Member

John, I am more than happy to wait a couple of weeks for you to come and grab them. I would LOVE to know that my girl has been rehabbed and is being loved by someone else. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bike. I used to hug and kiss it(shhh!! Don't tell anyone! LOL!) Truth be told, she wasn't even quite the "right bike" for me. Center of gravity was too high for me and I was always worried about tipping over but I loved her so much I wouldn't let her go and I rode her no matter how much fear I had. Of course I did. She was my first. I was so excited and happy just to HAVE her. But one ride on my current bike and I understood what my hubs had been telling me the entire time I owned her. She wasn't QUITE the right fit for me. So I would be absolutely ecstatic to hear she's being loved or at least her parts might be.

My hubs is the best man on earth. He taught me to ride. After I split from my 20-year abusive marriage, everyone said things like "You're too old to learn to ride." or "Girls don't belong on bikes." When I told him I wanted to ride, he said "I think you would be great at it." Then he took the rearview mirrors off his 85 Shadow, took it to the bottom of our yard, and sacrificed it by letting me learn how to ride on it. And, yes, he's supporting me through school. He's the best husband ever!! His motorcycle happens to be the only physical therapy he gets since he's been sick. So I talked him into buying a newer bike last summer. Hence all the "project bikes" in our yard. He doesn't have it in him to do the work anymore to keep them on the road. :(

Feel free to DM me and we'll make arrangements. It looks like Harpursville is about 3.5 hours out from Florence, MA. We're leaving around the beginning of June to visit my sister in Virginia for a few weeks. If we could do it before then, that would be great. :) My son will be home after that but he's not the greatest at keeping track of things. LOL! I'm sure you know how 18 year old boys can be. LOL!

I am almost ALWAYS up that time of day. I'm a night owl. Always have been. LOL! People don't seem to "get" that I do my best work at that time of day and then I sleep most of the morning. LOL!