1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Picking up this beauty soon!

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by GetFitzd, May 27, 2023.

1. GetFitzd

GetFitzd New Member

I was talking to a coworker of mine and we got on the topic of motorcycles. I was telling him that I haven't rode in a while after a close friend of mine has passed due to people not paying attention. I sold my CBR500 to fund his funeral. He was telling me that his wife has a bike that is sitting at his cousins house and he did all the paint work on it, and it looks really nice. As of typing this, It needs a few things. like it needs new tires (since they're out of date and dry rotted), needs a inner tube for the front, possibly a new battery, fresh liquid, and new mirrors. we tried to bump start to get it going but he says that the carbs need cleaned. I do have plans for it but im gonna get what i need for it for now and throw some post once i get somethings going for it. Its a 198x XJ650 Maxim, not sure on the year but its a decent bike and cant wait to get her going and running!
    image_2023-05-27_075712908.png

Fuller56 likes this.
  2. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    Very cool. Good for you. That is a nice paint scheme. Have fun and good luck.

3. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

Very nice!! Welcome back to riding! Stay safe.

Just looking at the valve covers, it would suggest an 1981 or 1982 (XJ650G or XJ650H). VIN would tell you for sure.

4. GetFitzd

GetFitzd New Member

Got new sparky boys in, cleaned out the old gas in it, ran some seafoam to help clean the carbs a bit and had it running on cables sadly. But she's getting there.

Attached Files: