1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1981 Yamaha Xj750 Seca. 11m

Tags:
  • Year:
    Make:
    Yamaha
    Model:
    XJ750 Seca
    Engine Size:
    750cc
    So, the bike is in pieces for the winter, And I cannot find a headlight bucket in decent shape that ships to me in Norway, and that is horrible.
    Other plans for the winter is to upgrade the front suspension with progressive springs, overhaul the front brakes (rear ones are excellent), replace some bearings, new tires, and new paint after the cracked fender have been welded. She's going to become Yamaha Yellow! New Aux light is put together using the best bits from 2 lights, one with a yellow lens and H3 bulb and the other clear with a T4W bulb (The yellow in the pictures is just vinyl over the clear) . New turn signals, possibly smaller ones and red instrument lights. YICS delete rod is installed, went right in with some oil. Blank keys have been ordered of eBay so that I get a couple spares. Overall she was in good condition but not perfect. Yet.

Anyone got the headlight bucket and some of the square adjuster nuts laying around I'd be happy to put them to good use.
larbear likes this.
  1. Chris J Baker
    Hey I need some help with my seca
  2. mpospeschi
    Why did you put in a YICS delete rod?
    You would normally put the rod in to synch the carbs then remove it.
  3. hogfiddles
    650rj rear fender... Interesting.

I wonder if its because is a European model, or did you swap that out for one from a 650?
    1. Sortaclawz
      I bought the bike like this, as far as I can tell its original (looking at the factory paint under the covers and such) But It is a bike that is 12 years older than me, so anything could have been swapped since it was new.
      Sortaclawz, Jan 21, 2016
  4. BJ Ramirez
    Still looking for the headlight bucket? I have a couple parts bikes. Not sure of their condition but would look into them if still needed. The other thing is I'm located in Washington State USA.
    1. Sortaclawz
      I just bought a bucket of eBay, the first one I ordered turned out to be scam.. Shame on me.. But If it turns out I need one or something else I will let you know! Thanks :D
      Sortaclawz, Jan 21, 2016