1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1983 Yamaha Xj900rk Seca

Tags:
  • Year:
    Make:
    Yamaha
    Model:
    XJ900rk Seca
    Engine Size:
    853cc
    Modifications & Accessories:
    Reupholstered seat, re-keyed ignition, new tires, carbs gone through and synched, brakes gone through, new (Used) gas tank off eBay, Converted fuses to atc from glass barrel originals. I also painted the windshield, thought it looked better painted black, but it needs to be redone. Also missing some of the windshield screws. The guy who rebuilt the carbs painted the engine block black, (which I like). It had been sitting outside for years and there was bad corrosion on the engine fins. Some fins have been broken off due to ignorant transport, made me a bit sick.
    Still need the radiator covers, side plastics under both sides of seat and battery/air box covers on both sides. I’d like the more modern front fairing to prevent the weave at high speeds and also a luggage rack for traveling. I think they make a back rest for a second rider also for this one? I know how rare they are but it never hurts to put it out there. I plan to repaint the rear fender and front fender as well as the gas tank. There are a few flaws in each and it will be much cleaner when those are buttoned up. I also plan to re-condition the aluminum and purchase the actual seat cover that matches the original. I also need to go through the front forks with new seals etc.
    I have no running lights on the tail light so I plan to get that working sooner than later. I’ve had this bike for 8 years and finally had the carbs done, tires and brakes to make it functional. Sometimes it takes a divorce to finally put your desires first!
  1. Dre42
    it's a great looking bike! best wishes from LA
      Garries and cjbratvold like this.
    1. cjbratvold
      Thank you
      cjbratvold, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Garries
    I have a similar bike on a 750, been staring at it for two years or so, i am missing the bikini fairinging but found one that that goes on a 900F.
      cjbratvold likes this.
    1. cjbratvold
      Where at?
      cjbratvold, Jul 10, 2020
    2. Garries
      Gold Coast Australia
      Garries, Jul 11, 2020
    3. Garries
      Got it to do a Cafe racer, could not cut it up, it is all so original, so I might leave it as is and fix it to go and stop well, have rebuild the cars, so now need to do brakes and forks and shell be ready to ride
      Garries, Jul 11, 2020
  3. JCH
    I look up side covers for my bike and they are crazy expensive and hard to find!! Sorry about your divorce,can be a good thing or a sad one.Have fun working on your bike...
      cjbratvold likes this.
    1. cjbratvold
      It’s hard with kids involved but it is for the best.
      cjbratvold, Jul 9, 2020
    2. cjbratvold
      Yeah, I just spent $95 with shipping on a right side cover that’s the wrong color red, I will eventually paint everything to factory specs
      cjbratvold, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Frank Petrella
    I have 2 side panels and a rear grab bar if you're interested
  5. Dave in Ireland
    1. Dave in Ireland
      That's for European sources of XJ spares, especially the front fairing
      Dave in Ireland, Jul 10, 2020
  6. May_J_Aaron
    You can build new seats, create side covers, chop up some fenders, and tweak all kinds of stuff on these.
  7. May_J_Aaron
    What's your end goal? keep it looking stock, modified, or just get it running?
    1. cjbratvold
      Keep it stock being they are so rare
      cjbratvold, Jul 9, 2020
    2. cjbratvold
      It runs now, I’ve been riding it everyday. Just got the right side plastic in the the mail, now I just need the left
      cjbratvold, Jul 9, 2020