Read about the whole build on my build thread.
- Get SS brake lines and level master cylinder Done
- Rebuild/clean caliper Done
- Strip and repaint caliper Done
- Replace rear brake pads Done
- New alternator brushes Didn't need replacing. Cleaned rotor with pencil eraser instead.
- Perform valve clearance check Done, passed!
- Perform compression check Done, also passed!
- Bar-end mirrors Done
- Rear fender patching Done
- Repaint Done
- Clear coat Waiting to clear the tank at the same time
- Hide wiring and electronics Done
- New crankcase filter Done
- Battery strap/cover Done
- Inline fuel filter Done
- Replace fraying clutch cable Done
- Rebuild the clutch Done
- Get 750 tank Done
- Strip Done
- Pull out dents, braze/patch the one rust hole Starting
- Tumble gravel inside the tank to de-rust it
- Seal inside of tank
- Bondo, sand, prime
- Rebuild petcock
- Rebuild gascap
- Fuel level connection to speedo
- Leather cowl Bought fiberglass cowl instead, need to figure out how to mount it.
- Need new headlight to work with fiberglass cowl. Want to switch to LED in the process.
- Replace brake rotor with one from a 1994 Yamaha FZR 600R
- Chop front fender, reattach
- Front bumper/guard
- Saddle Boxes
- Rear turn signals
- Lid pistons
- Liner and compartments
- Paint engine, someday
Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.
XJ Garage item created by BaldWonder, Apr 13, 2015
- XJ650 Maxim
- Engine Size:
- Modifications & Accessories:
- Frame stripped, chopped/bobbed, and powder-coated with a new rear fender, forward controls, headlight converted to halogen style with halo ring of leds, custom turn signals, custom brake lights, electronic flasher relay installed, low-profile drag bars, bar-end rear-view mirrors, all digital combination speedometer/tachometer cluster, stainless steel braided brake line, spin-on oil filter conversion, exhaust pipes chopped with shorty muffler baffles added then painted and wrapped, custom battery box with leather cover, custom electronics case, airpod style intakes with stage three jets, crankcase breather filter pod added, seat chopped and reupholstered with custom tooled leather cover. With exception of the powder-coating, all work has been done by BaldWonder.
Justin Reis, SpatialDee, Nuch and 11 others like this.
Sort Comments By