1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Restored 1983 Xj750k Maxim

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  • Year:
    Make:
    Yamaha
    Model:
    xj750K Maxim
    Engine Size:
    750cc
    Modifications & Accessories:
    After stripping parts off to the bare frame, sanding and repainting the frame, a good engine was bolted in. Prior to engine installation, engine was cleaned up. And the valve cover painted all black, sanded down for the brushed aluminum effect then shot with clear coat. The engine is from a donor 1982 xj750J Maxim with under 12,000 miles. Many other parts were pulled from that and another xj750J to complete this project, including the wheels.

NOS (New Old Stock) fuel tank
    Midnight Maxim seat
    New National Cycle windscreen
    NOS LH mirror
    NOS stock horns
    New tires, both front and rear
    New Brake pads and shoes
    New Battery
    New steering head spindle bearings (to upgrade from original ball bearings)
    New LED chrome Bullet style lights custom-mounted and wired in front and in rear
    New LED Hyperlights brake lights that flash when brakes are applied. Also custom mounted and wired.
    Case guards with attached highway pegs
    Throttle lock
  1. ravenbut
    this bike gives me goosebumps. its too pretty!
  2. Dre42
    Looks amazing! Did you end up replacing the engine? it looks like it was torn out in the original photo?
  3. ksigurdsen
    I have had my XJ750K since 1992. It has not sat for extended periods of time because I live in South Florida. Hope your bike is as much of a pleasure to own and ride as mine is to me.
      750MaximSeattle likes this.
  4. Harold King Jr
    Looking for a backrest like yours for my 1981 XJ650 Maxim Yamaha. Any help as to where I can fine one?
    1. 750MaximSeattle
      As you may already know, the 750 backrest i have is different from what works on a 650. This one displaces the grab handle.
      On 650, I’ve seen backrest/cargo rack combos. They are chrome, but probably hard to find, especially one that’s not rusty.
      750MaximSeattle, Mar 30, 2020
  5. Edgar Martinez
    I am wondering if this 1982 xj750J Maxim with under 12,000 miles still for sale and available. Thanks. Edgar
    1. 750MaximSeattle
      Yes, that xj750J parts bike is available. I'll send you a private message for further discussion. Thankyou.
      750MaximSeattle, Mar 11, 2020
  6. Spencer Minyo
    Nice job! That thing looks awesome. I'm currently working on my 83 xj550. How did you get your wheels cleaned up so well? Mine have got some corrosion...
    1. 750MaximSeattle
      Thanks! Well, I don’t have any advice on how to clean up corrosion on wheels, these we’re already shiney wheels from a good xj750 parts bike. If you were to hunt down some wheels or a parts bike, I think 550 650 and 750 Maxims share the same wheels.
      BTW, if you want new tires I recommend Shinko 712’s. Shinko bought Yokohama, which are excellent tires. On on my 3rd set. BOTH front and rear Shipped to my door only $120!
      750MaximSeattle, Jan 22, 2020
  7. May_J_Aaron
    Great job!
    Where did you get those engine guards? Can you get a close up?
    I have an 83 Maxim 750
    1. 750MaximSeattle
      PM sent with photos attached.
      750MaximSeattle, Oct 3, 2019
  8. JCH
    Like your Bike,looks like you spent some quality time and expense,i recently restored a 85 700 Maxim with 9 k haven't got around to posting any photos yet. John
    1. May_J_Aaron
      Thanks!
      Yea I wouldn’t be able to sell it for nearly as much as I put into it but it’s a cool little project!
      May_J_Aaron, Oct 5, 2019