1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1980 GL1100 I, going to single carb

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Timbox, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

I have it running very well with the single carb. I didn't buy a air cleaner with the carb and manifold deal. Once that comes in and I have it installed I will get some more pics up. I still have to route the throttle cable and get the attached and working as it should. I am not too sure if I want to rebuild the air shocks it has on it or get some aftermarket shocks. They are 12.5" long and there are lots of aftermarket for not too much. I will not be keeping the bike for personal use so I will not be putting progressive money into them.

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Put the new rear shocks on last night, that was fun with luggage brackets in the way. After a little bit of wrestling around the jack (to raise and lower rear tire) and the rubber grommets, it all came together. When I sell the bike the stock air shocks will go with it. I would guess they would work great if someone wanted to put the $$ into progressive insides and rebuild them. A little cool here in Wisconsin this morning, so will not start to put all the plastics, covers and bags on until at least noon.

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Waiting on a throttle end for the carb, thought I had all that stuff and sure enough, no joy. Once that is done and I can adjust everything, I will put all the plastic back on her. Windjammer and then take a look at the bags. I am sure they will need some TLC and fitting adjustments.