1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted 1981 Yamaha XJ550 Airbox COMPLETE

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Jason Piccolo, May 17, 2022.

1. Jason Piccolo

Jason Piccolo Member Premium Member

sigh

so my mechanic just now lets me know we need an Airbox for my long-running 1981 XJ550

any leads? any education? any resources will be (as always) greatly appreciated. and if you ever make it to my bar in Savannah, you drink for free!

Jason

2. Hinkster

Hinkster New Member

Hey Jason,

I have a complete air box from a 1981 550 Seca. It has some scuffs and scratches. but all there. Includes boots to the carbs. Two of the boots are a bit deformed being in a box with other stuff. A little heat and stuff a rubber ball in them should make them round again. The captured nut on the bottom is a bit rusted, but I threaded a bolt through with no problem. I have a fairly clean stock filter that you can have if you want. The bolts to hold the filter cover on are missing, but metric hardware is pretty easy to find. Let me know if you're interested. I can text some pics but can't seem to get them to download here. Send me a text to 419-566-8967. I'll text them to you. Asking 50. I'll put everything in a box and get actual shipping charges and charge you that also. Just actual shipping. I'll need your zip to get that. Been to Savannah once years ago. Beautiful place.

Hink

3. Jason Piccolo

Jason Piccolo Member Premium Member

Thank you 1,000,0000%

Got the box sorted.

next mission is a viable seat.

4. Andrew Nichols

Andrew Nichols Active Member

I have a spare seat that needs to be re-covered (the one on the ground). PM me if interested.

I'm looking for correct 550 Seca mirrors.
    IMG_20220622_175800.jpg

5. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

How long for? I mean, will I be able to break even on a crossing form the UK??:cool: