1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 XJ550 Maxim for sale in SE Minnesota

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by wpward, Jan 27, 2006.

1. wpward

wpward New Member

2. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

What are the bike details? Would you please be so kind and post them here? This way members don't have to go looking for them :wink:. Many thanks.

3. wpward

wpward New Member

Sure. This is just a cut and paste from my craigslist ad. There are pictures there, so follow the link in my original post if you want to see them ulness someone doesn't mind me using up some bandwidth here. :) I'm located in Wabasha, MN.

~18,750 miles
    Tires have >95% wear left (PO had just put new tires on and a new battery)
    Carbs have all been rebuilt
    Petcock rebuilt
    Tank treated for rust
    Fresh oil and oil filter change

This bike is great fun! Perfect as a starter bike or just an all around fun bike. I bought it a couple years ago as a project bike and this winter I finally got around to working on it. It was in fine condition other than it ran a bit rough. Since rebuilding the carbs and petcock along with treating the tank for rust, she PURRS like a kitten! Barely push the starter button and the engine fires right up! It's got the usual minor surface rust you'd expect on a 24 year old bike.

I thought the fork seals were leaking so ordered new ones. Upon looking again, I don't think they are, so you'll get a pair of new, unused fork seals along with it. Also included is the Clymer service manual.

I hate to let it go. It's been great fun riding since the carbs were done, but I want to get a dual sport and I don't think the wife will go for having 3 bikes in the garage. :) I'm not looking to make a big profit on this bike, so I will let it go for $850/obo. Or possible trade for a small (250cc or so) dual sport in good condition.

4. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

These pics are tiny and it's always a good idea to include them. Makes the ad more complete :wink:. So, here are the pics of above mentioned Maxim :D

Attached Files:

5. wpward

wpward New Member

Thanks Sno. Since I'm new here, I didn't want to just barge in and start chewing up disk space.