1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 XJ750RJ Seca w/ Tour Pack

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by ManBot13, Mar 16, 2014.

1. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

For sale in the greater Washington, DC metro area:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ ... 11929.html

I'm selling my 750 seca. My work will be moving soon and finding an new place nearby with a garage will be too expensive. I do have a garage I could park it in for the next two years if I need to, but I figure it'd be better to sell this bike now and only keep one for transportation (The Turbo Seca) as I barely ride enough to justify one bike (traffic here is horrible and bicycling or metro is the way to go).

I've gotten this bike road-worthy thanks to the great advice on this site and our excellent parts supplier chacal. I put this bike together with the intention of riding it for a long time, so I've done everything necessary to make it reliable and safe.

If anyone is interested in the bike, tour packs, or any of the extra parts listed let me know.

2. patmac6075

patmac6075 Active Member

Manbot, I am currently looking for a set of rear turn signals (like the ones shown on your bike)....any chance you'd sell those? And what is an upgraded master cylinder?
    Thanks
    Pat

3. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that someone will value a complete tour pack, including the rear turn signals and only have one set. I had to collect two of them to get all of the parts necessary to complete one. If no one wants the whole package, then I'll consider selling off the different parts of the Tour Pack and lowering my price on the bike.

What I did on my Turbo Seca rear signals is hammer two 90 degree bends in some thin steel in a vice. I made it the same width as the turn signal mount, but made it go almost straight back, and mounted the turn signals onto that. I honestly like it better than mounting the turn signals to the license plate.

The "upgraded master cylinder" is a bar mounted one from a Honda CBR F3i or F4i I believe, with a rebuild kit. Someone on this site replaced the remote operated one behind the headlight with this model, so I'd figure I'd do the same, but since I rebuilt the master cylinder in 2010, I decided to hold off until it was time to do that again. I'll add more info in my ad.