1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted 1985 Maxim xj700 air cooled engine

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Millzattc, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Millzattc

Millzattc New Member

Looking for a good used engine that has been inspected and ready to install and ride.

2. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member

I’d venture to guess most folks that keep a spare around don’t go through them fully and completely until they’re needed ( why spend the money until necessary to go through it). I would expect you’ll need to do some maintenance or you’ll definitely be spending quite a bit more.
    Some expectations on what exactly you’re wanting in regards to the maintenance and a price range you need to be in would help I’d think

for instance... I’ve got a xj700 motor here that I’ve heard run when I bought it. I’ve never done anything with it though as far as maintenance. For me...I call that a 100$ motor plus the ride. Just the motor tho..

For others...the same situation may be more depending on location and availability

3. Millzattc

Millzattc New Member

Agreed... I don't want one that hasn't been gone through and inspected. I have a good motor, I believe my transmission is the issue. I just want to be able to still ride if I have to take my engine out. Just want wanted to check this site and see if anyone had a reliable engine for sale.