1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1985 XJ700 Carburateurs Overflowing

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by 1985xj700, Aug 11, 2008.

1. 1985xj700

1985xj700 Member

I recently bought my 1985 XJ700 from a guy who had it covered in his garage for the last 4 years without ever starting it. Its got 19,000 miles on it but is in great shape. I'll post pictures later.

After draining the old gas, installing new plugs, a new battery, and an oil change the bike started and ran with throttle but would not idle and before long the carbs overflowed out of the overflow line.

With the help of my father in-law, I removed the carbs, cleaned out the bowls with carb cleaner, and replaced all the dried up carb hoses.

There wasnt much build-up at all, but the floats and needles weren't moving smoothly. We cleaned off the floater axles and pins with cleaner and very very fine sand paper until everything was moving much
    smoother. But still after re-assembling and installing the carbs, they overflowed again. Now I am thinking that the floats need to be re-adjusted and the jets cleaned out. A couple of the floats are noticeably resting at different levels.

I really dont want to fork out $300+ for a carb rebuild if I dont have to. I have little experience but have access to all the tools I need and I was hoping I could get a rebuild kit & service manual and clean up the carbs myself while learning a thing or two.

Anyone have any advice? I am sure this is Carb 101 stuff. Also, does anyone have experience with any of the carb rebiuld kits available for the 85-86 Xj700? Your advice and experience would be greatly appreciated.

2. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

You need to insure that the Floats are going to to operate without any issue that might cause them to stick or not work exactly as they are supposed to do.

Short of buying Rebuild Kits you have the following option.

Float Hinge Pins; re-finish.
    Chuck them in a drill and spin them fast.
    Hold some 800 Finishing Paper to them and get them refinished.
    Don't forget to do the end chucked in the drill.

Float Valve Bodies; refinish.
    Roll-up a piece of 1000 Finishing Paper until it will fit tight in the Float Valve Bore.
    Twist the Sandpaper around and shine the Bore of that Float Valve Body.
    Look at the sandpaper after you withdraw it.
    Cut-off the end at the tarnish line and continue using it on the others.

Float
    Run a drill through the Inside Diameter of the Cylinder that surrounds the Float Hinge Pin.
    Don't enlarge it. But, remove any build-up in there that would cause the Floats to not be 100% free in their movement.

Get a Manual and review the Chapter on adjusting Float Heights.
    Set the Float Heights to specs and see if it's OK.

Any problems after doing refinishing will mean getting new parts if they still hang-up!

3. 1985xj700

1985xj700 Member

Thanks man. I think I'm gonna give it a shot. Can't wait to get it running.

4. RickCoMatic

You have to take your time bringing-back some machine that parked and forgot about.
    There ought to be a "Check-List", for crying out loud.

Recently we've had a few guys find bikes that sat for longer than they were ever ridden.
    Amazingly, they bought them and started-in on the long-haul toward bringing them back.

If your only set-back is those Carbs; you're in luck!
    Just don't get hung-up trying to put a super-human effort into rehabilitating a part that really needs to just be replaced.

The finish line is getting the whole bike done so you can have fun riding it.
    Although, when you read some Threads, you'd think some of our Membership have been sentenced to lengthy terms of hard labor and were given an XJ-Bike to rehab and restore instead of getting locked-up.

5. 1985xj700

1985xj700 Member

6. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

pm sent

7. 1985xj700

1985xj700 Member

thanks again to all. here are some pics of my '85 XJ700. I'll let you know when I get the carbs cleaned and the bike running. I have ordered some stuff from chacal (XJ4ever) today and he has already shipped it on its way!

http://picasaweb.google.com/tweeddale/1985XJ700Maxim

8. RickCoMatic

Nice looking ride!
    Very clean and shining!
    That's the look that turns heads in envy!

9. Gynotai

Gynotai New Member

Hi.

It looks like I have to rebuild my Carbs too. Turns out Carb #3 started leaking (more like a steady stream!) gas through the Air Filter. I'm under the impression this is due to the float valve failing. I pulled the Carbs off the bike and gave everything a complete cleaning, but I didn't remove the Float Valves. Looks like I should have.

After cleaning the Carbs, the bike idles great, my MPG doubled, it starts right up with a minimum of choke when cold, and has a LOT more pep.

One week later (this Friday) the same Carb started leaking again. Guess I need to replace the Float Valves. I saw the link above and noticed it did not refer to a kit quantity. Does this mean it's only one? I saw a set of 4 on eBay for $53.50 for four kits. Should these be ok?

The eBay Auction Number is: 330239011843.

Do you know of a good place to buy these kits?

Any insight on this would be appreciated!

Thanks!

10. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Carb Parts-R-Us!:

As far as all the rebuild parts for when you pull the carbs fully apart, you will need at least the following items:

CARB IDLE MIXTURE SCREW PARTS:

ddd) Aftermarket Hitachi Idle Mixture Screw O-RING.....a "must-replace" item when rebuilding your carbs. Made of long-lasting, fuel-resistant Buna-N material.

HCP895 Aftermarket Hitachi idle mixture screw O-ring, each:
    $ 1.00

HCP895SET4 Aftermarket Hitachi idle mixture screw O-rings, set of 4:
    $ 3.00

eee) Aftermarket Hitachi Idle Mixture Screw o-ring WASHER.....also a "must-replace" item when rebuilding your carbs. Made of long-lasting, fuel- and water-resistant 18-8 stainless steel material.

HCP896 Aftermarket Hitachi idle mixture screw o-ring Washer, each:
    $ 1.50

HCP896SET4 Aftermarket Mikuni idle mixture screw o-ring Washers, set of 4:
    $ 5.00

ims6) Aftermarket carb idle mixture screw TENSION SPRING, brand new reproductions exactly replace damaged, rusted, or missing originals. High-strength carbon-steel coil springs have a baked yellow-zinc plating as original.

HCP6573 Aftermarket reproduction idle mixture screw Tension Spring, fits all Hitachi HSC32/33 carbs, each:
    $ 3.50

HCP6573SET4 Aftermarket reproduction idle mixture screw Tension Spring, set of 4:
    $ 10.95

CARB FLOAT NEEDLE VALVE PARTS/KITS & GASKETS:

Note that these parts are also contained in the standard and deluxe "lower end rebuild kits" listed further below.

NOTE on float needle valve Seats and Needles:

- original seats had a fuel inlet boss (where the inlet filter screen sits) of either 5.10mm (and uses a flat screen) or a 6.57mm boss with a 7.30mm "lip" (this style uses a domed screen).

- The HCP1 kit comes without a screen but the float seat has a 5.10mm screen mounting boss, so an original FLAT screen can be used with these if you still have your original flat screens. The needle is slightly longer (about 1mm) than on the HCP10 needle. The needle seat Washer is made of a stiff fiber material, as opposed to the original metal washer.

- The HCP10 kit comes with a flat screen and the float seat has a 5.10mm screen mounting boss. The needle is slightly shorter than on the HCP1 needle. The needle seat Washer is made of copper as original.

- The HCP872 and HCP2776 kits comes with a screen and the float seat has a 4.53mm screen mounting boss. The needle is slightly longer (about 1mm) than on the HCP10 needle. The needle seat Washer is made of metal like original, but its aluminum rather than copper.

- There is a third style of seat and it uses a "domed" style screen. The mounting boss for the screen on the seat is 7.25mm OD and it is "stepped". This style seat and screen are not currently available.

- The HCP870 Needle Only uses a needle that is slightly taller (about 1mm) than stock. It is the same needle as used in the HCP872 complete kit.

QUESTION: does it matter which style float seat/needle/etc. is used in your carbs?

ANSWER: Not really, although it's probably best (but not absolutely necessary) to make sure that all 4 carbs use the same style set-up. Also, while it states that the kits that have the same height needles "may not" require float level re-adjustment after installation, I wouldn't count on it. You should ALWAYS check and adjust your float levels anytime you go into your carbs----and periodically even if you don't! I know, it's a pain-in-the-tailight to adjust the float levels----but correct float levels really will help make sure that your bike performs at its best.

fs17) OEMt Hitachi Float Needle Valve Assembly---contains the float valve Needle with retainer clip, float valve needle brass screw-in Seat, and the metal seat Washer. The seat DOES include the filter screen, but this kit does NOT include the idle mixture screw block-off cap. NOTE: the float Needle that comes with this set is approximately the same height as the factory Yamaha needle, and it may not be necessary to re-adjust the float level height after installation.

For all XJ650 (except Turbo), all XJ750, and all XJ700 (except "X") models:

HCP10 OEM Hitachi Float Needle Valve Assembly, single:
    $ 64.00

HCP10SET4 OEM Hitachi Float Needle Valve Assembly, set of 4:
    $ 239.00

fs3) Aftermarket Hitachi float valve Needle Only (includes the retainer clip)...for those who wish to do an extreme-budget rebuild, you can buy the rubber-tipped float valve needle by itself (without its brass seat). Needle includes its hanger/retainer arm clip. NOTE: this Needle is approximately 1mm taller than a factory Yamaha needle, and will require that you re-adjust the float level height after installation. For use on all XJ650 (except Turbo) models, all XJ700 non-X models, and all XJ750 models.

HCP870 Hitachi float valve Needle with clip, each:
    $ 7.50

HCP870SET4 Hitachi float valve Needle with clip, set of 4:
    $ 28.00

jj) Aftermarket Hitachi Float Needle Valve Assembly---contains the float valve Needle with retainer clip, float valve needle brass screw-in Seat, and the metal seat Washer. The seat DOES include the filter screen, but this kit does NOT include the idle mixture screw block-off cap. NOTE: the float Needle that comes with this set is approximately 1mm taller than a factory Yamaha needle, and will require that you re-adjust the float level height after installation.

HCP872 Aftermarket Hitachi Float Needle Valve Assembly, single:
    $ 11.00

HCP872SET4 Aftermarket Hitachi Float Needle Valve Assembly, set of 4:
    $ 39.00

gg) Original Hitachi Carb Bowl Gasket:

HCP50 OEM Hitachi carb bowl gasket, single:
    $ 5.00

HCP50SET4 OEM Hitachi carb bowl gasket, set of 4:
    $ 18.00

hh) Aftermarket Hitachi Carb Bowl Gasket:

HCP862 Aftermarket Hitachi carb bowl gasket, single:
    $ 4.00

HCP862SET4 Aftermarket Hitachi carb bowl gasket, set of 4:
    $ 12.00

CARB LOWER END REBUILD KITS:

nn) Aftermarket Hitachi Carb Lower End Standard Rebuild Kit---contains the float needle with retainer clip, float valve brass screw-in seat, a fiber seat washer, idle mixture screw block-off cap, and an aftermarket bowl gasket. The float needle seat does NOT include the filter screen. NOTE: the float Needle that comes with this set is approximately the same height as a factory Yamaha needle, and it may not be necessary to re-adjust the float level height after installation.

HCP1 aftermarket Hitachi Carb Lower End Rebuild Kit, single:
    $ 19.00

HCP1SET4 aftermarket Hitachi Carb Lower End Rebuild Kit, set of 4:
    $ 69.00

fs2) Aftermarket Hitachi Carb Lower End Deluxe Rebuild Kit---contains the float needle with retainer clip, float valve brass screw-in seat, a metal seat washer, and a factory bowl gasket. The float needle seat DOES include the filter screen. NOTE: the float Needle that comes with this set is approximately 1mm taller than the factory Yamaha needle, and will require that you re-adjust the float level height after installation.

HCP2776 aftermarket Hitachi Carb Lower End Rebuild Kit, single:
    $ 23.00

HCP2776SET4 aftermarket Hitachi Carb Lower End Rebuild Kit, set of 4:
    $ 82.00

FUEL PIPE O-RINGS:

If you find it necessary to replace only the #2 & 3 carb bodies, whle the rack is apart, you'll want to replace the fuel connector pipe o-rings:

mmm1) OEM and Aftermarket Hitachi fuel rail Connector Pipe O-RING.....all fours carbs share a common fuel supply, and this fuel supply is distributed to each carb via a brass or aluminum tube that connects one carb to another. These tubes fits into a machined bores in the carb base, and the tubes are sealed in their bores with these rubber o-rings. NOTE: original seals were "D-rings" rather than "O-rings", but are now serviced only as o-rings (both OEM and replacements), but are the correct shape and firmness to provide a leak-proof fit. You will only be able to access these seals if you break the carbs out of their rack! (and if you do break the rack, you need to replace these seals). Aftermarket seals comes in your choice of either a lower-cost Buna-N material, or a longer-life Viton material. Either one will work just fine and last until the next time you take your carbs apart!

The viton material is much harder than the Buna-N material and the use of the viton seals requires quite a bit of effort to install the connector tube into the carb fuel port bores!

- Use 2 seals per tube, or a total of 6 seals per entire carb rack, for HSC32 series carbs (XJ650 except Turbo, XJ750 all).

- Use 2 seals per tube, or a total of 10 seals per entire carb rack, for HSC33 series carbs (all XJ700 non-X models).

HCP92 OEM Hitachi fuel line Tube O-Ring, each:
    $ 1.50

HCP92SET6 OEM Hitachi fuel line Tube O-Ring, set of 6:
    $ 7.50

HCP92SET10 OEM Hitachi fuel line Tube O-Ring, set of 10:
    $ 9.00

HCP2421SET2 Aftermarket Hitachi Buna-N material fuel line Tube O-Ring, pair:
    $ 2.00

HCP2421SET6 Aftermarket Hitachi Buna-N material fuel line Tube O-Ring, set of 6:
    $ 4.00

HCP2421SET10 Aftermarket Hitachi Buna-N material fuel line Tube O-Ring, set of 10:
    $ 6.50

HCP2420SET2 Aftermarket Hitachi Viton material fuel line Tube O-Ring, pair:
    $ 2.50

HCP2420SET6 Aftermarket Hitachi Viton material fuel line Tube O-Ring, set of 6:
    $ 6.00

HCP2420SET10 Aftermarket Hitachi Viton material fuel line Tube O-Ring, set of 10:
    $ 8.50

Hitachi Main & Pilot Fuel Jets:

ee) Aftermarket Hitachi brass MAIN FUEL JETS, sizes as follows, fits all XJ650 (except Turbo), all XJ750, and all XJ700 (exc. "X") models.

NOTE: stock Hitachi XJ series carbs used the following original sizes:

#106 (XJ 750RL Seca, 1984 only)
    #107 (XJ700 non-X)
    #110 (XJ650 models)
    #120 (all XJ750 models except 1984 XJ750RL Seca)

All the other sizes are for "tuning" or re-jetting purposes when changing intakes or exhaust systems.

HCP6316 Aftermarket brass #106 MAIN FUEL JET, stock size for '84 XJ750RL Seca models, each:
    $ 6.00

HCP6316SET4 Aftermarket brass #106 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 21.95

HCP6317 Aftermarket brass #107 MAIN FUEL JET, stock size for XJ700 non-X models, each:
    $ 6.00

HCP6317SET4 Aftermarket brass #107 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 21.95

HCP6318 Aftermarket brass #108 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 6.00

HCP6318SET4 Aftermarket brass #108 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 21.95

HCP6319 Aftermarket brass #109 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 6.00

HCP6319SET4 Aftermarket brass #109 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 21.95

HCP873 Aftermarket brass #110 MAIN FUEL JET, stock size for most XJ650 models, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP873SET4 Aftermarket brass #110 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP874 Aftermarket brass #112 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP874SET4 Aftermarket brass #112 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP8366 Aftermarket brass #114 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 6.00

HCP8366SET4 Aftermarket brass #114 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 21.95

HCP875 Aftermarket brass #116 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP875SET4 Aftermarket brass #116 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP876 Aftermarket brass #118 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP876SET4 Aftermarket brass #118 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP8365 Aftermarket brass #120 MAIN FUEL JET, stock size for most XJ750 models, each:
    $ 6.00

HCP8365SET4 Aftermarket brass #120 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 21.95

HCP878 Aftermarket brass #122 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP878SET4 Aftermarket brass #122 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP879 Aftermarket brass #124 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP879SET4 Aftermarket brass #124 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP880 Aftermarket brass #126 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP880SET4 Aftermarket brass #126 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP881 Aftermarket brass #128 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP881SET4 Aftermarket brass #128 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP882 Aftermarket brass #130 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP882SET4 Aftermarket brass #130 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP883 Aftermarket brass #132 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP883SET4 Aftermarket brass #132 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP884 Aftermarket brass #134 MAIN FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP884SET4 Aftermarket brass #134 MAIN FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

xx3) Reproduction Hitachi main fuel jet SPACER WASHER, round flat copper washer goes under the head of the main fuel jet. Perfectly replaces missing or bowed originals.

HCP887 Hitachi carbs main fuel jet spacer washer, each:
    $ 4.50

HCP887SET4 Hitachi carbs main fuel jet spacer washer, set of 4:
    $ 15.00

ff) Aftermarket Hitachi PILOT FUEL JET, sizes as follows, fits all XJ650 (except Turbo), all XJ750, and all XJ700 (exc. "X") models.

NOTE: stock Hitachi XJ series carbs used the following original sizes:

#36.5 all XJ700 non-X models.
    #40 all XJ650 (USA and Canada) models, all XJ750 (USA) models, and XJ750RL Seca (1984).
    #43 1982 XJ650 Euro/UK, and some Canadian, Euro, and UK XJ750 models.
    #45 190-81 XJ650 Euro and UK models.

The #41, #42, sizes can also be used for "tuning" or re-jetting purposes when changing intakes or exhaust systems.

HCP885 aftermarket brass #40 PILOT FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP885SET4 aftermarket brass #40 PILOT FUEL JETS, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP886 aftermarket brass #41 PILOT FUEL JET, each:
    $ 3.25

HCP886SET4 aftermarket brass #41 PILOT FUEL JETS, set of 4:
    $ 11.95

HCP6326 aftermarket brass #42 PILOT FUEL JET, each:
    $ 6.00

HCP6326SET4 aftermarket brass #42 PILOT FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 21.95

HCP6320 aftermarket brass #43 PILOT FUEL JET, each:
    $ 6.00

HCP6320SET4 aftermarket brass #43 PILOT FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 21.95

HCP9661 aftermarket brass #45 PILOT FUEL JET, each:
    $ 6.00

HCP9661SET4 aftermarket brass #45 PILOT FUEL JET, set of 4:
    $ 21.95

CARB BOWL DRAIN SCERWS:

g5) Aftermarket Hitachi carb Bowl Drain Screw. Bright finish 18-8 stainless steel allen head, taper-point screw fits into the drain hole passage of each carb bowl. Works better than the original Yamaha screw; not only is made of stainless steel, but the larger allen-head design allows for more torque to be applied to the screw, forever ending the stripped/stuck/ruined drain screw problem that has plagued Yamaha owners forever!

HCP54 aftermarket allen-head stainless-steel carb bowl drain screw, each:
    $ 5.00

HCP54SET4 aftermarket allen-head stainless-steel carb bowl drain screw,
    set of 4:
    $ 16.00

THROTTLE SHAFT SEALS AND HARDWARE:

aaa) Aftermarket Hitachi HSC32/33 series carb Throttle Shaft V-Seal (sometimes called an "O-Ring", but it's not!)...these are the seals on the outside of the carb body that the throttle shaft passes through. Uses 2 per carb, BUT......without taking the carbs apart from the rack, the only ones you can replace are the outer seals on the #1 and the #4 carbs. Unlike the QR-series "o-rings" that many people recommend using---AND WHICH DO NOT FIT PROPERLY---these "V-Seals" do have the correct O.D., I.D., and thickness to fit both the throttle shaft and the carb shaft seal bore recess correctly. These V-seals are a superior sealing solution versus any other product out there!

HCP38B Hitachi throttle shaft V-seal, single:
    $ 3.75

HCP38BSET2 Hitachi throttle shaft V-seal, pair:
    $ 7.00

HCP38BSET8 Hitachi throttle shaft V-seal, set of 8:
    $ 25.00

Carb Butterfly Valve-to-Throttle Shaft Hardware:

I would strongly recommend that you purchase some of the replacement throttle butterfly valve-to-shaft screws, as you have about a 90% chance of messing up the original ones when removing them. I especially recommend the allen-drive, button head, stainless steel design HCP2561 screws.

v5) Aftermarket Hitachi throttle Butterfly Valve Mounting Screw. Each round aluminum butterfly "valve" is held to the steel throttle shaft via two tiny phillips head screws. The throttle shaft has self-locking threads which makes the removal of these screws both a chore and usually results in a buggered phillips head slot. These replacement screwscome in a variety of materials and drive styles. Use 2 per carb, 8 per entire carb rack.

HCP1347 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, pan-head standard alloy steel screw with a phillips-drive, each:
    $ 1.00

HCP1347SET2 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, pan-head standard alloy steel screw with a phillips-drive, set of 2:
    $ 1.75

HCP1347SET8 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, pan-head standard alloy steel screw with a phillips-drive, set of 8:
    $ 5.00

HCP1348 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, pan head 18-8 stainless steel screw with a phillips-drive, each:
    $ 1.50

HCP1348SET2 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, pan head 18-8 stainless steel screw with a phillips-drive, set of 2:
    $ 2.75

HCP1348SET8 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, pan head 18-8 stainless steel screw with a phillips-drive, set of 8:
    $ 10.00

HCP1349 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, low-profile hex-drive allen-head screw made from 18-8 stainless steel, each:
    $ 1.50

HCP1349SET2 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, low-profile hex-drive allen-head screw made from 18-8 stainless steel, set of 2:
    $ 2.75

HCP1349SET8 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, low-profile hex-drive allen-head screw made from 18-8 stainless steel, set of 8:
    $ 10.00

HCP2561 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, low-profile hex-drive button-head screw made from 18-8 stainless steel, each:
    $ 1.00

HCP2561SET2 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, low-profile hex-drive button-head screw made from 18-8 stainless steel, set of 2:
    $ 1.75

HCP2561SET8 aftermarket Hitachi butterfly valve retaining screw, low-profile hex-drive button-head screw made from 18-8 stainless steel, set of 8:
    $ 5.00

ts5) Hitachi HSC-32 and -33 series carb Throttle Shaft Retainer E-Clip...these shaft retainer clips go directly "outside" of the plastic shim washers listed above on the #1 and #4 carbs only. Used on all XJ650 except Turbo, all XJ700 non-X, and all XJ750 models.

HCP6836 OEM throttle shaft end retaining E-Clip, bright plated spring steel, each:
    $ 3.50

HCP6836SET2 aftermarket throttle shaft end retaining E-Clip, set of 2:
    $ 6.75

HCP905 aftermarket throttle shaft end retaining E-Clip, black-phosphate coated spring steel as original, each:
    $ 1.00

HCP905SET2 aftermarket throttle shaft end retaining E-Clip, set of 2:
    $ 1.50

HCP2909 aftermarket throttle shaft end retaining E-Clip, type 420 stainless spring steel, each:
    $ 1.75

HCP2909SET2 aftermarket throttle shaft end retaining E-Clip, set of 2:
    $ 3.00

11. Gynotai

Gynotai New Member

Hi.

Thanks, but that was just too much information to wade through.

I'll just stick with replacing he Float Valves for now.

Thom