1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1985 XL700 Maxim X Headlight bucket wiring

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Stan Norman, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Stan Norman

Stan Norman New Member

Anyone have a photo of how all the wiring sits in the headlight bucket of a 1985 700 Maxim X. I took the headlight off the replace the bulb and it is hard to get it back on with all the wires inside. Just wondering if anyone has a photo they could share so I can see and compare wiring locations in that bucket. Here is how mine looks now.

Attached Files:

2. xHondaHack

xHondaHack Active Member Premium Member

Stan,

Sorry, no picture. but looks like the position of the wiring in your headlight bucket is about the best you're gonna get. Sometimes moving the larger connectors away from each other helps when pushing the headlight in place. Also, you may find a very small Phillips head or nail will be helpful in lining up the screw tabs on each side.

Definitely not one of Yamaha's better ideas trying to cram all that wiring and numerous connectors in such a small housing.

Tony

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Looks right, just getting that light back in and flush is not fun. Lining up all the tabs, that top one is always fun. Just keep working at it and you will get it back in place. Have the screw driver and screws handy, don't want to have to walk back to the work bench for those once you get it in the correct place.

xHondaHack likes this.