1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

400 mile Round Trip With a Sidecar Attached MPG

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by Colin Marshall, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Colin Marshall

Colin Marshall New Member

So I Rode Up To See My Dad, should of been a 250 mile round trip, but i got lost in Wales, Up and Down a Few Mountains, and came home the Scenic Route, Had a look a my Petrol Receipts, and i was quite shocked, ok i was plodding along at 50mph most the way on A Roads (A36, A350) and 60/70mph on the Motorway (M4) had a little bit of side wide and when it hits the shopping trolley sometimes is a bit ass clenching :) 4/5000 rpm most the way, only grabbing a handfull of RPM a few times on the twistys, yeah taking it easy and letting the old girl canter, just checked my petrol receipts, 70 miles and 6.36 ltrs in the tank works out about 50 mpg, best was 55.74 mpg ... yeah i was a bit shocked, wondering if putting XJR 1200 silencer's on her has mad a difference, or was it just purring the engine all the way ?? Yep You Heard Right :) XJR 1200 cans, had to have a sleeve made and swathed out to 50mm

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Franz likes this.
  2. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Do you have the original Yamaha header pipes fitted?

3. Colin Marshall

Not Sure, The Header pipes might be, but they go into a splitter like the pic, no balance pipe

Attached Files:

4. Colin Marshall

5. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

I have Jama header pipes. Need to check if the silencers will fit.

6. Colin Marshall

You'l Need an Adaptor like 38mm to 50mm, the XJR pipes had a removable solid sheath inside so 50 mm worked , if i cut the the 2 into one splitter down a few inches or the Adaptor slid over the splitter freely ( kind of has a bump stop ridge in the middle ) the pipes would marry up with the original hanging points on the footrest

Attached Files: