1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

750 vs 650

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by msherrow, Sep 15, 2010.

1. msherrow

msherrow New Member

here's a question: which parts are interchangeable between an 82 750 maxim and an 82 650 maxim?
    I've got an 82 750 with no title and want to use parts from it for the 650 w/title.
    also, what makes the extra 100cc's, is it stroke or bore? cylinders interchange?

2. stereomind

stereomind Active Member

- The egines are swappable, with some gotcha's. See this link, under "engine swaps". Don't forget the TCI.
    - The tank should fit, and give you an extra gallon or so... This is a pretty popular mod.
    - Sidecovers and other 750-specific trim pieces won't fit. The seat won't fit (I think)
    - The complete swingarm and rear wheel section should swap straight across.
    - You can slide your 750 forks and front wheel right into the 650's triple tree... This will give you dual front brakes and air assisted forks. You will need to swap the master cylinder as well, because the 750's MC has a slightly larger bore to accomodate dual calipers.

There's probably some other swappable stuff, but I don't have a 750 Maxim, so someone else would have to chime in...