1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82’ XJ750, air box removal

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Mike66, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Jerrod Robinson

Jerrod Robinson Member

And the Pod's didn't bring it back, when I put them on I Jetted up from #125 to #130. First Ride I was Slightly Rich, so I Bumped the Pilot Screw's back just a hair and it was on the Money.

2. Jerrod Robinson

Jerrod Robinson Member

My exact setup is a cheepy set of Pod's called Moxi's, a Mac 4 into 1 with no modification to Baffling, and #130 Main Jet's. Personally
    did not touch any of the other Jet's, but that doesn't exactly mean the haven't been by a P.O...

3. Jerrod Robinson

Jerrod Robinson Member

Oh, and if I had to Guess I'd say my Pilot Screw's were probably somewhere around 5 1/2 turns out from Closed..

4. Minimutly

Minimutly Well-Known Member

Really?
    So someone running without the original airbox and having carb problems is different to you having carb problems....

Crack on with your pods, fit decent k&n ones, but make sure your carbs are right before starting. Fit them without changes first, assess where you're rich/weak then change jets. My Mikunis ran spot on without filters, with pods and now are on the 600 airbox, still spot on as far as I can tell. Don't believe all the naysayers on here. Let us all know how you get on?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  5. Jerrod Robinson

Jerrod Robinson Member

Agreed, but in my personal experience this is not a simple Project, your likely to encounter a pretty frustrating learning curve that your not likely to get over without a significant commitment. This is not a simple Jet Swap.