1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale 82 XJ650 Seca Turbo

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by vitovabo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. vitovabo

vitovabo Member

I have an XJ650 seca turbo for sale, NO KEYS OR TITLE! I do have the bill of sale from the owner who was old enough to be my grandpa and the bike's last registered sticker is from 97.
    Reselling it as is condition, i haven't touched it since the day I got it. I bought the bike, planned to restore it an put it on a new frame but a bad snowboarding knee injury has put me out of riding bikes for sometime now and I don't see myself tackling this anytime soon, so I would rather it go to use than to rot away.

The engine does turn over iirc, if I'm not exactly sure as I bought a trailer of bikes back then, but I think this was the bike that the owner used a wrench to turn the engine over to demonstrate that it wasn't seized.

The visible damage, cracked open headlight cover (plastic welding should fix it easy or JB snot weld).
    2 turn signal lenses are broken, rear brake light lens is also cracked (possibly in half right on the vertex edge).
    The PO cut the front brake lines and removed the calipers, I have them in a bag. The turn signal/horn/choke control also was removed and the wires were split. I don't remember the excuse for these cuts. I have that also, along with the clutch lever and cable. The clutch cover does have a crack in it from the rear break pedal, I was told it wasn't dropped ever, but the reason for the crack is because of storage issues in his shed. Other than that everything is there on the bike, nothing seems to actually be missing other than the keys and title. The turbo seems stable, no wobble or leaking oil.

I'm looking to sell it as a whole $350 OBO. Parting out is also an option just less favored.
    Located in NE Philly. Ask for more specific pictures if you wish, I'll do my best at my earliest convenience.

IMG_8366.JPG IMG_8367.JPG IMG_8368.JPG IMG_8369.JPG IMG_8370.JPG IMG_8371.JPG IMG_8372.JPG IMG_8373.JPG IMG_8374.JPG IMG_8375.JPG IMG_8376.JPG

IMG_8380.JPG IMG_8381.JPG IMG_8382.JPG IMG_8383.JPG

2. vitovabo

vitovabo Member

IMG_8378.JPG IMG_8379.JPG

3. Richard Elbon

Richard Elbon Active Member

No title makes it a tough sell. Guy here in the Northwest has two turbos without titles he’s been trying to sell for over a year,no luck. Even as a parts bike I wouldn’t touch a no title bike.

4. vitovabo

vitovabo Member

Yeah I know. If no one bites, I guess I will just scrap it. I live in the city, storage is a big problem for me.

EDIT: I ran the vin before buying it to make sure it wasn't reported stolen

5. Simmy

Simmy Well-Known Member

The turbocharger and accompanying hardware/software alone is worth more than $350.

6. vitovabo

vitovabo Member

I've had it on Craigslist, Offerup and Letgo for a while now and unfortunately no bites... this is kind of a last attempt to sell it as a whole, unless people start buying parts then I'd sell it by parts. But like I said above, storage is a problem and won't be able to ride for a while.

7. vitovabo

vitovabo Member

I just realized I nowhere mentioned that I have the seat for the bike also... The cover is torn but the seat foam is good. Will post a picture if anyone is interested

8. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Wish I were closer

9. vitovabo

vitovabo Member

That was always my problem with the community. I'm to far away

10. vitovabo

vitovabo Member

SOLD