1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82' XJ750R SECA Idle is very odd

Discussion in 'Test Zone' started by Jordan_90, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Jordan_90

Jordan_90 New Member

i got this bike for free and it had some weird idle issues. When i brought the bike back home i started it up again and the idle goes up and down, mainly stays at a VERY high idle(idle gauge doesn't work). So i bought a carb rebuild kit and rebuilt the carbs and cleaned them up really good, checked the spark plugs, and it still runs the same at a weird idle. Im at a loss for whats the problem, im going to take it apart and replace the diaphragms, when i had it all apart one of the plungers had some resistance but it went normal after i took a break for a day? I do not get what the problem is could be simple could be huge. This bikes electrical system is all run on one fuse aswell but the idle is not electrical obviously but yeah whoever owned this bike kitbashed it together with electrical stuff. If anyone knows the issuse with the idle please help.

2. maxim400

maxim400 Member

There are some good articles on here about high idle, it could be a plugged jet inside the carb bowl if you have not clean it, or it could be the throttle shaft seals if they are original.

3. Jordan_90

Jordan_90 New Member

ive rebuilt the carbs but its the first time ive done it, it was botched with whoever did it before and i made em normal, i didnt replace the throttleshafts because i got no parts for it in the kits i got, ill look more into that.

4. Jordan_90

Jordan_90 New Member

ive found the problem, the main jet and the piolet jet were swapped, whoever rebuilt this carb before me didnt know what they were doing. now it has a stuck idle, ill rev it up and the idle will stick for a few seconds then it will go back down, plus now its running fat so i gotta put lower jets.