1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

85 xj700x maxim shim pool

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Jared86, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Jared86

Jared86 New Member

In need of some help getting in touch with HAP over on the maxim-x site. tried emailing but with no results with using the webmaster email. Im looking for a shim pool or suitable replacement for the under bucket shims on the 85 xj700x maxim. Starting to think its going to be easier dropping the valves and grinding stems down.
    on a side note will the needle and seat from the xj650x work on the 700? seam to find them cheaper.
    thanks for the help!

2. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

There is no such thing as an xj650X that I know of.

Jared, I have a small X-pool...what sizes do you need? I'll see if I happen to have them.

pm me

Dave F

k-moe likes this.
  3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

If you made a tyop, and were asking about the XJ750-X float needle being the same as the XJ700-X float needle, they are the same part.

4. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Jared86, welcome to the forum! Glad to see you working on the "X", I sure was schooled working on those shims with my "X", will take a airhead shim any day. I remember the cost of those too, not fun. Best of luck and hope you find what you need from Dave F.

dowski68 also has a "X" you could PM them and see if they would do a deal with you.