1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Aftermarket turnout exhaust

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by scotimier, Nov 4, 2005.

1. scotimier

scotimier New Member

Re: XJ winter projects

Snosheriff, can you possibly measure your turnout mufflers, I really like the way they look, and I can get a set of 16" or 19", I'm leaning towards the 16" turnouts, was just curious....
    thanks, Scott

2. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

If you look at this picture http://xjbikes.com/coppermine/displayim ... pos=1.html they seem to be approximately 18” from where they slip on. I’m guessing you got 1” to slip them on? So, by the looks of things my XJ may have the 19” turnout mufflers.

I really like the sound they make 8). Much better then the stock ones. PM me if you want to hear them. Where you getting your mufflers?

3. scotimier

scotimier New Member

I'd love to hear them, are they mufflers or just straight pipes? The previous owner dropped my bike in his garage and crushed the right side muffler, other than that the only really bad part is some surface rust on my header pipe. So far I've only found turnout mufflers similar to yours on JCWhitneys site. I think they were $42.00 US a piece approximately.

4. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

I videotaped the exhaust sound today. I'll send you the clip to your email addy. At about 6" inside the pipes there is an obstruction. I don't know if that's the baffles or what. When I got my Maxim the pipes were already on it.