1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Anyone here live in the San Francisco/bay area?

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by Seca550_SF, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Robert

Robert Active Member

How would we get in touch with you if one was inclined to take you up on this offer? I'm up in the greater Sacramento area on a quarterly basis. I'd love to take Hwy 49 during October, Apple Hill smells wonderfully of apples (small wonder why) and pine trees. With the chilled, crisp autum air rushing into your face, there are few pleasures like it.
    Smokamoto and SF_550 are out that way.

2. dc383

dc383 New Member

once i get my liscence and this oil leak fixed im in.

3. drummingpariah

drummingpariah New Member

I just moved to the SF bay area, and bought my first xj650. As soon as I have my license (or even permit) I'll be more than happy to go riding with anyone willing who's in the area.

4. XJlindy

XJlindy New Member

I live in the eastbay area, yea I had the same problem with my XJ 650, drain the carbs, disassemble them, clean them, blast out the jets with an air hose, and you should be good to go.

5. JustBurn

JustBurn Member

yo guys! I live in Martinez, CA
    work in OAKLAND (WOO WOOO)
    I try to ride my xj750 every day it doesn't rain...

6. bstig60

bstig60 Member

Live just out of Nevada City, At least it's Northern California and many, many more trees!

7. AdventureHound

AdventureHound New Member

Napa Valley here....

8. doughboy334

doughboy334 New Member

South San Francisco here, and I ride a 1982 Yamaha Maxim 400cc. Second owner and very new, but I took MSF and have my license. Down to meet up, I work in the city in GG park.

9. alkasmeltzer

alkasmeltzer Member

Any of you heard the new morning radio show. Todd 'N Tyler. these guys are hilarious. I've been listening to them for 14 years now. they are based out of Omaha, NE. Irreverant humor, great interviews and great comedic guests. Not at all scripted like that stupid Bob & Tom show. They just ain't funny.

Check them out if you get a chance. Looks like they are on Xtra Sports 860? AM station?

10. mestnii

mestnii Member

I just moved to the SF area, Bernal Heights (atleast I think it's Bernal Heights, still getting used to neighborhoods) off of Cesar Chavez and York

11. bstig60

bstig60 Member

My son lives in San Lorenzo in the East Bay. He rides my old 1983 XJ750K Seca. I am up in Nevada City and have an '83 XV920 Virago now.

12. mestnii

mestnii Member

This thread sort of died out, any of you folks who posted in 2006 still living in SF? Want to go for a ride or just wrench on our bikes?

Get in touch, I even have a good sized "yard" we can use (fits... 2 -3 bikes).

13. absolin

absolin New Member

Hey SFers, I'm in lower haight. Picked up a '81 Maxim XJ 550 about a month back from the Bikeyard near Portreo Hill.

I'm less of a weekend rider and more of a commuter, but I like to do my own work. If anyone is interested then give me a holler.

I'm looking into painting my tank in the next month or so; I'll have extra materials and workspace. Looking around for good designs, and also I think I'll need an artist to do the pinstriping.

I'm also going to be installing some new carb boots over the next few weeks, and will probably make my own oil-based sync tool.

14. cpark07

cpark07 New Member

Hello,

I am in the Bay Area and I just picked up my first bike. It is a 81 maxim 650 and I wanted to learn how to work on my bike and just learn more about the bike in general. Just wondering if there is anybody still out there that can share their knowledge.

Charles

15. iampnelson

iampnelson Member

Pleasanton resident here and I just bought my XJ550 Seca 2 days ago and have already put 50 miles on her :)

16. Robert

Robert Active Member

Pleasanton is a very nice place, I hope you get lots of miles on that 550. Give Mt. Diablo a shot. Heck, out to the Sierra foothills and back is a nice days ride. I pass through on a quarterly basis, mayhap we'll meet some day.

17. i_am_the_koi

i_am_the_koi Member

A new bay area seca owner here, look forward to seeing some/all of you and we'll have to set up a ride one day!!!

18. i_am_the_koi

i_am_the_koi Member

Also live north of the bay, Napa Valley... Would love to set up a ride now that riding season is getting close!!! I vote hwy 1!

19. Robbietravels

Robbietravels New Member

I think I'm the odd man out up in the Redding area. My parents live in apple. Can't wait to get down there and go riding with my paps on the 49.

20. Robbietravels

Robbietravels New Member

Apple hill*