1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Anyone near Eau Claire WI want to help get 82 Seca running?

Discussion in 'Central US and Canada' started by somecallmemike, Aug 8, 2012.

1. somecallmemike

somecallmemike Member

I pulled the old 82 XJ650RJ out of the depths of my garage in the hopes of getting her running again. I bought it about four years ago and it was not the best runner, so I had a guy clean and rebuild the carbs. It ran for about a week after that, and then it just stopped starting. Haven't done anything with it since then, but it still turns over and will run for a few seconds at full choke before dying. Hoping someone wants to get some free beer and dinner for a few minutes helping me look at why she's so cranky.

I live in Eau Claire WI, which is about 90 miles East of Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota and about 230 miles Northwest of Madison.

2. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

Too bad you are so far away I could look at it with you.

MN

3. JPaganel

JPaganel Well-Known Member

Too bad you didn't post this a few days ago. I just returned to Minneapolis from the vicinity of Eau Claire yesterday...

4. somecallmemike

somecallmemike Member

Bummer, that would have been great. Next time you're in the area I've got a case of New Glarus Spotted Cow with your name on it!

5. JPaganel

JPaganel Well-Known Member

My wife is there until this afternoon, but that does you no good. She doesn't wrench, she sews. :)