1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Aussie weather

Discussion in 'Other' started by knuts2a, Aug 18, 2010.

1. knuts2a

knuts2a Member

Gotta love our weather from -1 in the morning to 16 coming home. Yesterday it was bucketing down going to work (washed all the riding gear clean!), coming home 20 and sunshine not a cloud. 2 hours later back into town at dusk, attacked by swarms of killer mossies ( hate it when they get inside the helmet) now the gear is covered in bug guts again and light rain coming home at night just enough to have to smear bug guts all over the visor but not enough to clean it, then the throttle starts sticking at 3,000rpm. Had a fiddle after i got home and it runs fine, stuffed if i know. Will find out shortly, off to work late this morning, glorious sunshine and not a cloud....till later, more rain forecast..

2. wizard

wizard Active Member

Don't you just love Victorian weather, still, Spring's on the way.

3. markie

markie Member

I know how you feel, guys. Take Aussie weather and turn it on its head - English weather!! (Just 180 days out of sync). Mozzies in yer helmet ? oooh, er missus! Think Wiz will catch my drift!!!

4. ken007

ken007 Member

hi,up here in sunny old queensland we have had exactly 75mm of rain/drizzle since last night, in our rain guage anyway so far at 3.30pm and still hasnt quite stopped yet,it was only a week or two ago we had a similar amount,supposed to stop today and start again on monday,if nothing else the roads should be nice and clean.

5. wizard

wizard Active Member

I think this has been the longest, coldest, wetest winter.

6. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

Maybe it's like winters used to be coz we havn't had a proper winter for a long time, low dams n all, rivers were more like creeks. I work out side and I've had enough winter for this year. Th bikes comfy and dry in th lounge tho.

7. wizard

wizard Active Member

You coming over when the sun shines? Crow is bringing his new carbtune over & we are going to sort the 900, perhaps you can join the party.? Wiz.

8. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

When th sun shines th key to th bike will be in th ignition....party..geez i might even bring A beer.

9. knuts2a

knuts2a Member

Definately seems wetter this winter, i'm over it, i have that much work to do outside. This weeks forecast says possibility of rain everyday, just enough to be nuisance. Will be nice to ditch the balaclava and the neck warmer and into the summer gear. Then again that means 40deg and sweating like a pig, a couple of extra months of spring would be good. Just home from a weekend in Melb., corse it rained while we where there, as usual, Melb. weather sucks more than ours.