1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Buying another parts bike , madness

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by ElkHavenSeca, Mar 17, 2013.

1. ElkHavenSeca

ElkHavenSeca Active Member

I have agreed to buy another parts bike with a lot of usable parts . the exhaust Stock is in great shape . If i keep this up my entire garage will be full of seca . I need help to be able to pass up on a good deal . Any suggestions how i can say no to a good deal, this one is 100.00

Attached Files:

2. ecologito

ecologito Well-Known Member

Look at it as a long term project, in no time you could open your own "junk" yard. :)

3. ElkHavenSeca

Have a second frame with title . Am seriously thinking about a long term project putting together a second seca 750 with all the parts i have , and will collect . this nice exhaust put me to the point of it being possible

4. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

The only way to pass up a deal that good is when your wallet doesn't contain the loot to make it possible, wish we had prices like that over here but the problem is people either want £300-500 ($5-800ish?) for a parts bike that's not seized, OR they just take it to the scrap man :(...

5. ElkHavenSeca

I will collect parts for you bloke !!

6. 750E-II_29Rbloke

Thanks lol, wish you'd ship them over too, might still work out cheaper than buying parts bikes here hahaha!

Joking aside though, as you know from my sig if you ever come across a rack of HSC33 carbs from a 700 airhead or any parts of these carbs I'd seriously be interested in them...

7. ElkHavenSeca

The exhaust on the new parts bike looks pretty good !

Attached Files:

8. 750E-II_29Rbloke

Wow.... So is it still a parts bike, or has the "arts" bit of parts metamorphosed into the "roject" of long term project???

9. ElkHavenSeca

Well i have a good frame with title , and this parts bike does have a lot of good parts ... so yes i'm afraid i might try to frankenstein another seca

10. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

How to say "no" to passing up a good deal? That's easy:

you buy it. Then call them back from a different number, and ask about it. They'll tell you it's already sold. Then you say, "Oh, too bad. Somebody got a good deall!"

Then you have your new parts, you can tell yourself you passed up a good deal.

After that, you end up like me........parts stashed in every conceivable opening. Then you can REALLY have fun with the bikes, or you can really have fun saying, "hey, I got one of those for ya" :)

Dave F