1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

CALGARY ALBERTA

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by xj650ss, Sep 16, 2008.

1. xj650ss

xj650ss Member

just wondering if we still have some members from calgary and surounding area

2. pianomangg

pianomangg New Member

Yep!

GG

3. xj650ss

xj650ss Member

sweet i forgot about this thread hopefully you still around i was looking for a few people from the area to do a carb clinic and ride this summer somrtime what do you think?

4. RangerG

RangerG Member

I met up with a couple XJ riders from Edmonton last year. We rode to some of "The World's Largest" tourist traps, took some photos and parted ways. Maybe we could all meet somewhere in the middle. Stettler area perhaps? Hard to even think about bikes when it's -30*C and has been for three weeks.

5. pianomangg

pianomangg New Member

I'd be up for a ride, but the Seca is in pieces in my garage, and likely will be for some time to come. Anyone have a problem riding with a 500R?

GG

6. xj650ss

xj650ss Member

I=t's been cold as h*ll here (for calgary!) and all i can think of is summer and riding, the max is in pieces right now but will be together by spring for sure! piano i ride with who ever is riding so don't worry

7. Mr.Fork

Mr.Fork Member

Hey,

I've been busy raising kids (sorry for my absense). Yeah, we should do a Calgary ride, maybe another Calgary carb clinic. I haven't had one in 3 years. :)

8. RangerG

RangerG Member

I know a couple members will be cleaning their Mikuni's this spring. I don't know if I'd drive to Calgary for a clinic (I hope to do the carbs in April or early May) but if I get stuck or have problems, expect a call or two. We will have to arrange a meet somewhere this summer though. Good to hear from you again.

9. xj650ss

xj650ss Member

For sure Mrfork I have std's too! (sexualy transmitted dependents) would love to do a ride out toward k country or something maybe a back way in? there's no shortage of roads to explore!
    Shaun

10. Gijoe

Gijoe New Member

I am definatly interested in attending a carb clinic in Calgary.

In fact if any members in Calgary are at home mechanics I need my carbs rebuit ASAP.

Thanks Joe

11. xj650ss

xj650ss Member

Joe,
    pm me and let me know what area you are in im sure we can figure something out
    Shaun

12. a340driver

a340driver Member

What about a camping trip? I'd love to host a "ride in". I have 2.3 acres across from East Barriere Lake B.C. with tiered camping spots, fire pits, party circle, several boats, other stuff ... (bathroom/shower/phone). It's 1hr drive north of Kamloops, paved till the last 5KM

13. IslandXJ

IslandXJ New Member

Barriere would be a great location for all us West Coast XJ riders too - I'm sure I'm not the only one west of the Rockies.

14. a340driver

a340driver Member

That's why I bought the property, I have relatives in Calgary too. So It's kinda in between. It would be a great mountain treck from both directions.
    Anyone up for paintball in the forest?

15. a340driver

a340driver Member

I know there is a member in Chiliwack and Burnaby ...any others out there?

16. RangerG

RangerG Member

Sunday the 19th of July, anyone interested in meeting in Stettler, AB for lunch? About 1/2 way between Edmonton and Calgary, and gets us off Hwy #2 (which I hate).

17. argh1961

argh1961 Member

Ranger, no can do until sometime in August. If you decide to wait for the Stettler trip, let me know.

18. apato632

apato632 Member

Millarville, Alberta, Canada (near Calgary)
    I'm also from the Calgary area and would be interested in attending a carb clinic.

19. CanuckGT

CanuckGT New Member

Hi, I just signed up to this forum as I recently purchased a minty 1983 XJ650 Maxim that has 9,000km on it so I'm looking to learn all about these bikes...looks like I came to the right spot!!

I am in Drumheller but would love to take part in a ride or a carb clinic....ok whats a carb clinic?? lol I assume we learn all about the carbs?

Lets hope were done with all that snow...its time to ride!

20. KennyNapalm

KennyNapalm Member

Hey all, im in calgary as well,
    (up deerfoot to 64th).

Got a good garage, with heat and space, but i lack tools. got the essential wrench n what not, but ya... pretty lame for tools n equitment (beginner gear head heh).

If we need a spot to run any get togethers, and you wanna bring your own tool kits, thats all good. also i got a BBQ too :) heh.

Also i like to do the Bragg ride on the sundays as well. But any ride will do :p hah.

Take care folks